Georgia, will we ever see PROP.215, SB420?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Fubar24-7, Nov 25, 2009.

1. i have e-mailed him, when i get a response, i will be sure to quote the conversations if i even get a reply.

in other news...

so basically, its up to us to elect a governor that will consider doing the same thing as our fellow westerners as they say trends start in the west and end up in the east. so maybe one day we will see that day. fellow georgians, lemme hear ya.:wave:

2. i'm hoping we get at least a bill introduction soon but honestly with Perdue as governor and Chambliss as our senate rep i doubt any pro-hemp or cannabis legislation will be passed...but i do agree with you 100%. Even the med program is fed grown at the University of Mississippi if i'm correct, which isn't know for producing high quality marijuana, especially if need for medical purposes. At least we do have that on the books though. I believe if a few states closer to Georgia like the Carolinas, Tennessee, Virginia, Florida, Alabama and Mississippi, hell even Texas and Louisiana...(Bible Belt) pass pro-mj laws we will have a better outlook, but the most important way is to vote a competent person into offices to represent our interests, that is the key.

3. Pretty poor argument littered with fallacies. I've known many construction workers over the years as I had a former roommate in the business. They all smoked, and they all did good, timely jobs. As for a neglected child of a marijuana user, I also know many pothead parents with very happy and involved children. I am sure there are cases to the contrary, but that is no reason to cage the responsible smokers with children that love them.

This comment wreaks of ignorance in so many ways.

4. i agree with you. with perdue and chambliss in office we wont see those days, as they are conservative bible belt republicans. However we do have a man by the name of John Monds running who is in fact pro mmj, and a Liberian. he has a pretty good chance, and a great policy that i look forward to hearing more about. as we ARE up for a new election for governor, i really cant stress standing for your rights enough, learn more about who is running and it cant hurt to e-mail them and see what they have to say about the subject of mmj.

i honestly have a feeling that if it does even get decriminalized, it will be on a federal level where they will then tax it as there already IS a tax stamp policy on marijuana in georgia. which imo is absolute bullshit because there is no way of even getting this stamp unless you are one of the small research groups, who is entitled to produce, and test mmj. If you are caught producing with any equipment, there is a felony charge of 1-4 years in PRISON. with that being said if you are caught with over 1 oz, you can get charges for disobeying the tax stamp suffering with a felony of 1-10 years of prison, along with that being your first offense you also get your drivers license suspended for a minimum 6 months, on your second offense a minimum of a year drivers license suspension, or a 3rd offense of a minimum of 2 years drivers license suspension. SO if it does get passed with perdue than you probably wont be able to produce your own, and more than likely wont be able to have any on you at any time other than in your home which is understandable to keep it in your house unless there are other reasons.

i agree, i myself have worked jobs and smoked on many occasions while working, it actually made me more relaxed in the work environment and i had the patience to deal with customers who didnt have even the slightest sense of humor. i have a friend of mine who is an avid smoker and he makes sure that his child isnt even AROUND when i buy from him and if we are smoking. he works 2 jobs and provides for his wife and child.

That one eats at me, id like to see him try to tell me one person who has died from ONLY smoking marijuana in a safe environment. its our freedom as a nation, its not like if it was legalized everyone would smoke, for example alcohol, not everyone drinks...cigarettes, not everyone smokes cigarettes. its a personal choice plain and simple.

if we get someone like him as president...consider our country communist.

5. enough with the senators/governors, etc. We need decriminalization on a federal level to give a strong foundation to any further legalization attempts. I call upon our President who promised Change to do just that- Change.

6. This guy's just a smooth talker re-hashing things i've already heard.

7. read the second quote on my first post thoroughly.

8. it was in another section and i didnt see that. i did a search on keywords georgia and norml in the grass city search before posting.

9. Your first post says nothing about Georgia also.. I don't get it

10. you obviously didnt read.

it says "georgia" in my title, "georgia" before the first quote, the writer of the passage is based out of KSU (kennesaw state university) IN GEORGIA, and the second quote states "georgia" 4 times. nuff said.

11. Just FYI- UGA NORML is looking for students on other campuses in GA to start NORML chapters. Call John @ 678.592.7777. He posted it on the web already for this, so don't think I am trying to put his number on blast. lol