geocaching [the get high and hunt treasure game]

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by SimplyLemon, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Interested in seeing if anyone has tried this.
    Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site

It's basically using your phone as a GPS device and going out into nature or town and finding hidden boxes/containers filled with items.

It's a pretty cool thing to do, just getting blazed and going treasure hunting. theres thousand of boxes to find and once your within 30 feet, the gps gets a little funky so you gotta find it yourself! Once found, theres a logbook where you get to sign your name and then you snag an item and leave something in return.

Great for nature and shit. If you wanna get stoned and then do something, this is def something. Found out about it a few days ago and i've been enjoying this new lil activity immensely

2. Do you leave dank nugs and little tinfoil pipes?

because i would.

3. i tried this once but the nearest geocache to me is over 200 miles away soooo kinda sucks and yes i would leave a nug or some interesting little trinket

4. #5 Phony Bologna, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
    i would definitely leave some weed lol but i probably wouldnt sign my name

5. There's a shit ton of caches around me... I just got a phone again that i could run c:geo on... So I'm bout to hit it up one of these days

6. id leave my gc name

7. damn really? The first one I found was like less than a mile from my house across the street in a cemetery. Theres hundreds around me.

and ha, I was just looking some up, apparently one time a dude put a stash box under a weed plant.
    One of the comments on it was took a hit, left stoned.:rolleyes:

8. ya tis lame im not in a big city tho it's still fairly populated ah well no big deal i might* move to cali so im sure there will be more there

9. Holy shit! closest one to me is .3mi! ! !

10. #11 jessieventure, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
    Just post on HERE (this thread) what your cache location (lat/log) is and put it in your sig. maybe leave a couple buds in there and start an exchange in your area;)

cost is maybe 3 dollars for a waterproof match tube or leftover mayo jar (cleaned like crazy). I'll stop by and trade buds for sure

11. This may sound fucked up but I didn't like geocaching because there are too many nearby caches. Seriously where I live (central Texas) there are around 50 caches within one mile. I have to go about 30 miles for a good cache, so it's too expensive.

12. I love geocaching! I just wish there were more caches in Jamaica.

13. Ya I get that, theres tons around me, some good, some not so much. Luckily theres allot of woods around me, so it's at least scenic.

14. anyone use a Iphone for this? I've done a few but the app I use usually leaves me a good 40 feet to search.

15. geocaching is so fun, kinda forgot about it til now... Guess ill be going on an adventure this weekend :)

16. Oh, the havoc I could wreak with this.

I could take the good item and replace it with a pinecone, and call it packratting.

Or I could leave a soft brown "offering" for someone..

So many fucked up things :laughing:

17. I hhave been doin it for years.. its a great wayy to see new places.. there some bogus ones not really havin a purpose so i usually stay away from city ones unless its a park challenge or something..

Its cool and fun for the fam too if ya have one.. lots of great ones close to me.. drivin is good tho so havent gotten any closer than 5 or 6 miles and driven states for some.. little tip, dont cross wyoming without a gas can if your gauge dont work.. sometimes hours between towns...

18. OP i'm so happy you shared this lol, i've been geocaching everyday since. There are so many here! :hello:

19. We found one down in the keys on 4/20. It was in a hidden mangrove lake.

Shit was pretty cool, we were the second ones to find it in 2013.

We didnt have enough weed to leave a nug, so we left a condom