Genius anti smoking campaign in thailand

Discussion in 'General' started by Labido, Jun 25, 2012.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u-rhnV4l08]Thai Health Promotion Foundation- Smoking Kid - YouTube[/ame]

Cigarettes that is.. Check it!

2. I understand their point... But children don't have the mental capacity to comprehend and accept the fact of what smoking does to you.

I smoke, I understand the risks, I know it will kill me. I'm okay with that, humanity disappoints me more and more everyday.. its turning into a world of people having their dick in everyone else's business.

3. Imagine if one light their cig lol just not givin a fuck. :cool:

4. Iv been smoking for five years and I quit four weeks ago, and let me tell you I feel fantastic now. Going from 20/30 a day to zero was the best decision I have ever done and I wont be going back I am 100% sure. I never quite understood the mentality of doing something that will reduce your life quality in so many aspects and be fine with it.

I don't see the problem with this campaign, most smokers want to quit anyway.

5. The D.A.R.E program told me back in 5th grade that cigs were as addictive as heroin and one cigarette will have you hooked.

6. most people smoke because they know the risks but don't really give two shits. life causes cancer in general, strokes, hear attacks, etc. are all things that can happen due to other things that are seemingly normal.

car emissions cause cancer and they run over people and get in accidents everyday, yet there's about 1 car per 2 people in the US alone. yet you don't hear kids going up to drivers saying "why are you driving? take a bus. you might hit me"

here's another little fun fact - there are about 10x more suicides every year than homicides. so its not entirely uncommon to think the world we live in is a very fucked place in the state its in.

7. [quote name='"Labido"']

Iv been smoking for five years and I quit four weeks ago, and let me tell you I feel fantastic now. Going from 20/30 a day to zero was the best decision I have ever done and I wont be going back I am 100% sure. I never quite understood the mentality of doing something that will reduce your life quality in so many aspects and be fine with it.

I don't see the problem with this campaign, most smokers want to quit anyway.[/quote]

I'll be honest with you, I've quit twice for a year each time. It's not an addiction thing for me. But I did the same thing as you every time I quit... I raved to everyone how great I felt and how everyone should quit.

Eventually you realize life is short and you might as well enjoy it. I've seen a lot in my life, I plan on seeing a whole hell of a lot more.. but the amount I see is directly relative to how long I live.. my risk of dying on the way to these places is more of an imminent threat than smoking.

Cigarettes are simply somthing I choose to do.. I know several people who have never smoked in their life and they are riddled with cancer. Then I've also seen old timers who have smoked cowboy killers their whole life and are still living at a hundred.

I'm not going to stop smoking due to a child asking me for a lighter. Id take that little bastards cigarette and tell him to kick rocks ;)

8. Guaranteed that happened multiple times but they only showed the ones where they didn't.

9. [quote name='"twitchydude420"']The D.A.R.E program told me back in 5th grade that cigs were as addictive as heroin and one cigarette will have you hooked.[/quote]

Good ole American initiative giving you some solid facts

10. I like the way they went about making this video. They didn't guilt trip you or use a bunch of bullshit facts like the american media does. I thought the video was touching and I will definitely support the video. I am a smoker myself (1 every couple days or so) and if this happened to me it would be a big eye opener. But I don't smoke that much to begin with. I've never smoked a pack a day before.

11. Thai chicks are hot, if those are chicks

12. That is fucking perfect.