Genetics

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Mr.nice949, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Hello all!

I just wanted start a quick discussion about plant genetics. I have a few be bud depot "bc kush" seedlings about to really take off but they already seem to be expressing different phenotypes. I know that there are 3 main phenos expressed by bc kush but I was just curious if anyone really noticed at what stage of life phenotypes start to express. Also this is my first run at this strain so any info would be great!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I got one mutant so far, the whorled mutation [​IMG]

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2

3. My main reason for starting this thread... I've never had 4 different seeds of the same strain pop so differently. These are all BC Kush by bc bud depot
    1460812458326.jpg 1460812518505.jpg 1460812540803.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. It really depends on the breeders practices. Most breeders don't care to get the uniform results in mist aspects except one or two according to that strain (colour, smell, or structure for example)

This gets more obvious when dealing with a line such as Northern Lights by a breeder such as MikeJ... Mostly every single seed would look identical.

Once you get into the hybrids and especially polyhybrids all bets are off for stability until you work the line for stability in whatever gene expression you're after

Hope that makes sense. It's 7am and I'm baked as shit running g off no sleep lol

Sent from my Spaceship using the Grasscity App.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1348058-DaS-Perpetual-Stealth-Cabs-Grow-Chronicles

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hahaha no it totally does I'm on west coast time as well haha just had my first bowl and cup of coffee.

6. That would make sense, and that's kind of what I thought, the more it's been crossed and hybridized the less stability in the later gens. Northern has lots of landrace Afghan genetics correct? So after stabilizing the cross, the later generations would be more stable. I guess my own current grow is a good example of that because the top looks to be expressing pure sativa while the bottom looks to be a full Indica, I guess objectively the mutant and the other look the most uniform.

• Like Like x 1
  7. So let's say hypothetically I wanted to stabilize the line myself, would that mean finding the 2 with the most uniform structure and inbreeding them?