Genetics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by whatanoob, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Why do some companies have higher prices than others for the same exact strains? Are genetics THAT significant of a factor that people would pay more money for?

2. I would say absolutely you would pay more. Store bought seed from a reputable seed bank will blow any bagseed out of the water

3. Alright I was asking because I'm comparing Autoflowering strains to try and weed out the fastest growing autoflower. I'm growing on a time limit from early April/May to the End of August to early September. I'm in the southeast by the way so I can afford to plant early in the season.

4. [quote name='"whatanoob"']Alright I was asking because I'm comparing Autoflowering strains to try and weed out the fastest growing autoflower. I'm growing on a time limit from early April/May to the End of August to early September. I'm in the southeast by the way so I can afford to plant early in the season.[/quote]

Look into super autos. If you like sativa, the strain nirvana sky gets up to 8 feet and can yield 200g in around 110 days.

5. They can charge different amounts because some breeders are better than others. Specially with autoflowers it is important to buy from a breeder that has good autos. Nirvana, for example is known to have problems with their auto bubblicious. Research the strains and breeders before buying. One breeder may have better stability in their genetics than another even if they are the same strain.

Mine took a while, so I can't comment on which are the fastest. I was very happy with my autos from paradise and sagarmatha. My nirvana blue mystics had issues, and only one seed out of five produced a pretty good plant.

6. Thanks Guys, heres a few I've been looking at..
    Auto Seeds MiG-29 .. Cross between G13 Haze and "hand selected" Ruderalis Matures in 75 days from seed
    And Attitude's site is not letting me scroll to the next pages...
    I'm mainly looking for a quick Autoflower that will be harvestable by July-August after being planted in late April to early May.

7. autoflowers are almost never bred with sativas. i have a bunch of sativa seeds and i want some indicas. go figure. i have a bagseed and its leaves smell awesomely sweet when i rough them up.

autoflowers are easier but they are less potent than pure sativa or indica.

good luck

8. #9 bmeat, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    thats not bad. im gonna be honest, i dont even know how to tell if i have a pure sativa or not. i have all bagseed. i think it looks pure sativa though. i hope someone can id it for me sooner or later.

if you want to you can get a sativa, indica or sativa x indica hybrid and just grow it on 12/12. im seeing what happens right now on 12/12 from seed

post in my grow in my signature if you care to join along

9. i really like this website to review beans. thanks for the cool link

10. the critical + looks bomb

and the critical jack holy shit! huge pods

11. No problem and I'll check out your grow for sure.
    I'm probably going to wind up growing..

Critical Jack from Dinafem
    Fast Haze from AC Genetics
    Vertigo from Paradise Seeds

and maybe....

Rapid Afghan from AC Genetics
    Northern Lights from Nirvana

12. #14 Infamous Smoke, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    I've got a auto jock horror from nirvana it's got sativa grow qualities it's 3+ ft and the main coli is 12 in its under a 150w I'm expecting well over an o and a half.

Sativa grow qualities are long skinny fingers as the leaves and will grow taller than an indica.

13. bmeat, is that Opium by Paradise an auto or it takes 60 days of veg before flowering?

14. I'll look into that Infamous, thinking about it more and more I'd rather be a little more mindfucked high than couchlocked and getting my face ripped off high. :smoking:

15. theyre not ruderails genetics, but you can just put them under 12/12 and get similar harvest size. or so i hope. ill find out in 6-8 weeks. my little guy just peeked above soil, yayy ill probably have pics up tmmr! and and im 12/12 from seed. praying for a female!

16. [quote name='"whatanoob"']I'll look into that Infamous, thinking about it more and more I'd rather be a little more mindfucked high than couchlocked and getting my face ripped off high. :smoking:[/quote]

That's why I'm a sativa man haha I like to get my shit done with when I'm high. If your interested I could send you pics and give you harvest weight when it's done.

17. I thought it was too good to be true.. I'm starting off outdoors before I grow indoors for several reasons so once I have an indoor setup ready to go hopefully next year I'll try it out!

18. oh yeah..autoflower it is. its still warm by you?