Genetics and personality makeup.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Juztinn420, Mar 8, 2013.

1. I have wanted to ask some of the gc forum members if they knew anything about genetics making up the way you act or if its even logical? What sprung this idea upon me was my family has generations of people such as my mother sister and grandmother who all act exactly the same and are quite quirky. Any knowledge would be helpful.

2. personality has somewhat to do with genetics among other factors, your mood and temperrment is chemistry in your brain, think of bipolar disorder for example

3. Thank you that makes sense actually OCD runs in my family which was kind of the reason I asked, I'm not familiar with genetics honestly.

4. #4 shaddytheman, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
    Your genetic traits can be inherited from either both parents or the generations that came before them that could lead to a influence in personality development but also this can line down to nature vs. nurture.

Also it's strange to the fact that how the personality types from other generations can led to different temperaments that are psychologically different in the way that they communicate, process thoughts, etc. I also wanted to dig deeper on how we get different cognitive functions that weren't the dominant and how the recessive becomes our dominant perhaps this is due to some mathematical method into finding the conclusion.......