Genetically modified 'Marijuana food' contest

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by amsterdamage, Sep 8, 2008.

1. This is the most awesome competition!! ..it'd be great if someone from GC won it!! :hello:

http://marijuanaprize.com/
    http://www.nolanchart.com/article4747.html

2. screw that crap those companies suck. organics is the only way to go and genetically modifying plants is bullshit in the first place

3. yeah but if any random plant could be containing thc then the prohibition on marijuana would be moot. The feds would then either have to prohibit every crop we use or end the ban on marijuana.

When that happens we can go back to using organic marijuana again :smoke:

4. The problem with this is that THC still needs to be heated up, so a cannabis cantaloupe will need to be cooked still. Although as a new biology student I do find the prospect of this extremely interesting.

5. that doesn't matter too much,

I think the idea is to get thc into as many of our common foodstuffs as possible to make it impossible for the feds to criminalize all of them. When that happens the prohibition on one single plant will be moot.

Since thc and the other cannabinoids are produced in the trichs you'd think other plants will need to also make trichomes in order to produce thc???

edit:
    cool pic..
    [​IMG]

6. Heat does not activate cannabinoids, in fact it increases their rate of deterioration.

The reason we need to cook cannabis or "activate" it is because their cell walls aren't digestible easily (cause for the mild stomach discomfort after ingestion of said cannabis), so we need to rupture them (most easily with heat, but a mortar and pistil would work just as well) to allow its yummy-ness to come out.

If it was in an edible fruit or some plant which we can easily digest no heat would be required. Would be fking amazing, apples and grapes that make you blazed.

7. Actually it's a fake article.

8. i always wondered if Mary J had suffered monstano's raft and became a victim of the devils illusion... (aka GMO's)

even if they did 'create' another organism with THC, no one, could ever ever everrrr replace the unbreakable bond I have with Mary <3 :bongin:

even if they came up with some plant that produces 50 pounds of pure hash per branch, i still would never replace Sweet Jane :smoke: