Genetically Modified Food.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BluntAssassin, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Genetically modified food is not bad for us physically, but it is economically. Corporations like Monsanto can mass-produce genetically modified foods that put small farms and businesses out of business. Big corporations are starting to monopolize the food market. When a few greedy corporations control all of the country's food reserves, we're pretty much fucked. Who wants a $90 hamburger?

2. Could not give a shit less. It most likely will not make a noticable impact on my health and everyone else in the world is eating it. It only makes food better. Basically opposing this is slapping science and innovation in the face. If you care grow your own food, or don't eat it. Don't ruin it for everyone else

3. That's what I've been saying kinda in the right hands genetic engineering can do wonders for the world

4. #24 riejgndtueodtrd, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
    I agree. To the person who was complaining about fish genes in tomatoes, would you care to explain HOW that's actually bad for you? (Besides the fact that it just sounds weird).

It is doing wonders for the world. The only problem is greed. Instead of Monsanto sending all of it's cheap, easy to make crops to starving children in Africa, it's sending them to your local neighborhood McDonald's or Burger King. They have plenty of food, but they sell it off the highest bidder, not the most needy.

5. You are what you eat - as they say.

Alex Jones is a nutcase but I take what he says about our food very seriously, regardless if he's a hypocrite or not. Monsato is a fucking evil company and seem to have the judges/courts on a string.

6. I would love genetically modified food... Imagine, organic vegetables chock-full of antidepressants. Tomatoes the size of a baby... lemon-flavored fish... chickens that lay 16 eggs a day... Radishes so spicy that people can't eat them...

7. That actually sounds pretty bad ass

8. Well, if you eat a vegetarian diet, which is a diet full of fruits and vegetables, does help your mood, so vegetables are already a antidepressant :laughing:

Vegetarian Diet May Help Mood Study Finds

9. stay away from soybean oil. its in A LOT of foods. best thing to do if you can is eat wild game and organic veggies.

10. Fucking Monsanto is so fucking evil

eat organic and fuck GMOs

11. #31 Swills, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    Lol I can't believe people are defending GMO food :laughing: Monsanto was thrown out of countries like Hungary (name = ironic) and their fields burned to the ground. http://www.allaboutfeed.net/news/hungary-destroys-all-gmo-maize-fields-11994.html

Genetically Modified Foods Position Paper:: The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM)

12. [quote name='"xboxerdude"']

eat organic and fuck GMOs[/quote]

Hard to when you're poor.

13. Move to a farming community, plenty of work and everything is much cheaper, shit houses are going for 40,000$ in farm towns near me.

Life wasn't meant to be easy, if you can't get proper food the way you are living now, you must migrate to where conditions are better.

Or you can hit that weed and forget about your problems and go and buy that piece of shit double hamburger from mcdonalds.

14. Start your own garden. I'm guessing some of you grow weed, sooo, grow food too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV9CCxdkOng&feature=player_embedded]1 MILLION pounds of Food on 3 acres. 10,000 fish 500 yards compost - YouTube[/ame]

Compost Heated Greenhouses

15. Hint to origin: Veridian dynamics

And that vegan crap is bull shit.... Nothing makes me happier than a 18oz t-bone steak.

16. Hell no. I'm not moving to Buttfuck Farmville because some uneducated hippies on the internet told me genetically modified food is bad. Do you have any real scientific evidence that GM food is really bad for you? And don't just say "They put fish genes in plants." That's not necessarily bad for you....

17. [quote name='"DVOTA"']
    Hell no. I'm not moving to Buttfuck Farmville because some uneducated hippies on the internet told me genetically modified food is bad. Do you have any real scientific evidence that GM food is really bad for you? And don't just say "They put fish genes in plants." That's not necessarily bad for you....[/quote]

Do you honestly believe that a human who has only been studying genes and general science for a max of like 80 years can better design DNA than billions of years of building DNA based on what works the best with everything in its environment?

We aren't as smart as we lead other people to believe. We make mistakes. And so does nature. The only difference? Nature makes a mistake on one plant and then it dies. We unleashed this to undoubtedly dwarf every other plant of the same species' DNA. I see this a extremely dangerous and apparently so do the people in charge of this who have stored away large amounts of unmodified versions of all plants...

18. Yes I do. Take chickens and turkeys. Humans have genetically modified chickens and turkeys to have very large pectoralis muscles (breasts) so there's more meat for us to eat. These chickens and turkeys might not be as able to survive in the wild as a "natural" chicken/turkey, but they fulfill their purpose in the world better this way. These birds are being raised in captivity in order to be eaten. We humans have modified them to produce more food for ourselves. That sounds pretty smart to me.

How is it dangerous?

19. #40 BluntAssassin, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    Could it be because of all this genetically modified food, more outbreaks of deadly bacteria occur in the food?

IE : salmonella in the eggs, e coli in the spinach.

Plus we haven't studied GMO's long term, so I'm not going to say they're terrible for you but how can you claim they're ok when there's no scientific data to back it up?