Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Genetically engineered weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sykoaktiv, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Hey everyone. I'm new here and this is my first post, feels good to be a part of this place. :)

Okay guys, there's something I've had in my mind ever since I came to know of legal weed and dispensaries. This might sound stupid and I apologise in advance if it's a stupid question since I admit I don't know much about the biology of plants.

So my question is, would it be possible to genetically engineer weed to change it's properties like what you think, feel, etc?

The reason why I ask is because I've always thought that weed available in dispensaries and all the legal weed basically might be engineered by the government to change what people think, feel, etc to suit their own political agendas (I guess you could call it a form of mind control) and so I look at legalisation as a double edged sword.

I know this might sound like the kind of post from a guy who wears a tinfoil hat :p, but it's just something I've had in mind.

I really appreciate all answers, thanks in advance. :)

2. You can probably change how much THC is produced if you REALLY wanted to, but I don't think you can make people feel specific things. And if the government was able to do this then they would also be able to make truth serums, and then court would be pointless since you just drug the person and make it so they can't lie.

3. Hmm, but there apparently are some highly effective truth serums available from what I know. Like the Russian SP-117?

Projects like MKULTRA which was basically a project to research mind control (with cannabis being used) really makes me suspicious. Especially since some people claim the research never really ended.

4. #4 Timeconsumer420, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
    Well in a way yes. THC is not the only cannabinoid. There are 66 if I am not mistaken(66 that are known atm). I'm no expert on growing but I'm sure there are ways to make you have more of some and less of others. Like with sativa/indica. CBD is one that if there is more of(or less im not sure) then the less thc is allowed past your receptors, giving you more of that head high and not body. So if we had the technology we could alter the percentages of them all and different variations would produce different highs. Either way I think cannabis is perfect the way it is. I think just having two main types of high is fine enough.

5. That, sir, is absurd. Its a freaking plant, not a chemical. You couldn't engineer a potato or a grape or even tobacco for that matter to "mind control" somebody. A chemical maybe, but a plant? Idk bout that

6. there are ways to geneticaly alter weed but idk about making you think things. go check out BC Seeds they have some crazy weed with new cannabinoids in it and +45% THC

7. That's some trippy stuff dude. You're going to get me super paranoid.

8. Well we could add chemicals too it. Like how we can take opium sap and make heroin/morphine ect. Not saying thats a good idea, just that it is possible. And there may be plants out there that can "control minds". I personally think there is a plant that can cure every disease.

9. Thanks for all the replies guys.

I guess I should've worded my question differently in the first post. Basically what I wanted to ask is if cannabis can be engineered to be used for mind control. :)

@calidoee, I asked because cannabis has an effect on the mind. :)

@God Of 420, lol I've read a LOT about that site man, some crazy stuff in there :p.

@hashbrutha, I know man. I toke too and I love the herb but I'm the kinda guy who just doesn't trust governments.

10. the weed that is available at dispensaries is grown by normal people that love the herb and have practiced their cultivation techniques.. not some govt mind control.

but genetic engineering has led to a lot of advances in terms of changing properties of plants... but i dont think its a good idea with cannabis. GMO's aren't natural... obviously... and IMO the herb is all about connecting with mother earth. if you're gonna get high on something produced chemically, you might as well fuck with pure MDMA or DMT.

11. #11 Timeconsumer420, Jun 10, 2010
    Just to correct you, dmt is COMPLETELY natural(if by chemical you implied a man made one). Its produced by your penial gland. And it is naturally in more things on earth than not.

12. #12 Sykoaktiv, Jun 10, 2010

Didn't know that about the dispensaries. Thanks for that. :)

Btw I feel the same way about the herb, I don't want people to be genetically engineering it, it's just that I'm afraid governments might be doing it already and spreading these genetically engineered strains around.

If someone can prove me wrong or right about whether weed can be engineered for mind control it'd be great.

13. you have to be careful...odd things happen when you mess with genetics...

[​IMG] :eek::bongin::metal::smoking::yay:

14. Paranoid Android

15. Haha I know how it looks man, but this has just been something I've wanted an answer for, for a long time now :p.

16. if they could produce something with mind control properties wouldnt they have already put it in our alcohol, ciggaretts, food ext.

17. At the most, they could alter the genetics to make it stronger, weaker, cause hallucinations or something (if mixed with other psychoactive chemicals), etc. There would be no way to alter the plant so that it makes you feel a certain way about their politics or agendas or anything.
    And besides, they already have some great tools for manipulating people's minds: television, pop culture, mainstream news.

18. They have man, they're just not telling us muahahaha!

19. They already have. Its called advertisements, and media. And propaganda.

20. that shit doesnt persuade me