Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Genetically Altering Weed to make it Legal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JuniorDavis, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Um this might be a dumb question but what if someone was to genetically alter marijuana to make it well not marijuana but have the thc to make you high lol.

Would this technically still make it illegal? I mean it would be a whole different plant just with thc to make you high...

2. You're so high.

3. o_O wow....idk dude you just blew my mind haha

4. [​IMG]

That's what synthetic cannabinoids are for.

5. impossible. THC is the illegal part of weed...my god your high this makes me want to smack myself in the pinky.

6. dude hash is still illegal. its the thc they care about

7. Lol I mean it makes sense thought right lol. im straight at the moment gf wont let me smoke right now >_>

But if the thc was added to like another plant. It wouldn't be illegal right lol.

8. Somebody is smoking some genetically altered marijuana.

9. THC is the illegal part of the plant.

10. Yes it would.

11. it would. the reason its legal is because of the thc. do some research before you post bro. it will save you the flaming.

12. Hey this makes sense to me... you could get something that has no THC but lots of other stuff.. it would take some skilled breeding but it's possible.

Also you might be able to make a plant that is completely different looking but contains thc, and then nobody would really know it was illegal, however I'm sure it wouldn't take long for the government to figure it out lol

13. Dude you are so silly. This already exists lol JWH legal buds ever heard of it ? durrrrrrr

14. So are there any cannabinoids that are legal? Because im reading on synthetic cannabis but it only says 5 are illegal?

15. That's what im saying. But I still can't find the federal law that classifies thc under schedule 1.

It just says marijuana. So that's what I was saying. What if thc was moved to another plant?

16. DEA, Drug Scheduling Thc is on there.

So your girl friend tells you when you can and can't smoke? :laughing:

17. #19 Marrijane420, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
    I agree with everyone saying THC is the illegal part of the plant. The government doesnt give a fuck about cannabidol, cannabinol ect.. they just care about delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol.

18. delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol is what make cannabis illegal in the first place. Moving it to another plant would be hard as fuck and is not worth the time.