Generator?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xxxLaharlxxx, May 3, 2012.

1. I've been thinking about buying a generator lately. Currently I'm running a 600hps and a 240 black star led. Other than that I'm running a 6" carbon filter/inline fan and a dehumidifier that run just about all day. I was thinking about getting a 1000w system so that way I can run 3 tents at once and figured it might be cheaper to get a generator. Does anyone have any idea or prices on this? I'm also not sure how they run. (Currently @ work so can't look ATM) thanks for the help in advance.

2. I kinda had the same idea. I was at Costco an they sell a giant one for 3 grand that is supposed to run your whole house for a week an it's was silent. What if u blew a 4br house up and ran it on that and stated off the grid. Like 10000 watts and no one would know.
    All I can say from my exsprerince with them
    Is I had my power go out for a few days during winter when my plants were in flower. I was running a 1k. The generator was like 300 bucks. It worked but the bitch was its loud ( they do make quiet ones for more $) and I had to keep filling it with gas every 3 hrs.

3. That sounds good but I would go for one around 2-5k. But gas every 3 hours sounds stupid. But overall were u pleased with it and do you still use it?

4. [quote name='"xxxLaharlxxx"']That sounds good but I would go for one around 2-5k. But gas every 3 hours sounds stupid. But overall were u pleased with it and do you still use it?[/quote]

No just used it when the power was out for 3 day straight. It worked well for what I needed but I couldn't really see running it for a few monthes on end. They gulp gas down. Almost 5 gal every 3-4 hrs and mine wasn't even that big.