General Questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KYMOMAN, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Very new to the thought of growing. Hvae been smoking pot for over 30 years and have never had the chance to grow. I currently smoke 1 OZ per week at about $200 per. Really getting sick of paying so much money and not smoking very good pot. After reading alot on forms and such I have more questions than answers. Not sure why I expect others to solve my problems, but if your willing to impart some wisdom than I'm ready to soak some up. Answer any or all as you see fit or have experiance to do so.

Let me start of by letting you know what I would like my results to be:

1. I would like to harvest 1 pound every month of the best possible pot available (Would like to try Snow White and Medusa from Nirvana seeds)
    2. Would like to accomplish this in an outside shed 6X8X8 in Missouri (would build boxes in shed) What about infrared issues with cops?
    3. Want the eisiest setup for best results (money is an issue, but face it I spend $800 a month now just to smoke, so I'm willing to do this right)

Some Growing Questions:

1. SOG is this the best way to grow?
    2. Does a 1ft plant really produce top quality pot?
    3. Given good conditions and seeds could you expect to harvest 1/2 OZ off each plant from a SOG setup?
    4. Are there advantages to letting your plants grow to 3ft before flowering or is the bang for the buck better with SOG.
    5. Soil or EBB & Flow and Why?

Design Questions:

Here is what I have in mind. I would like to build a cabinet with a 3 X 3 X 2 sapce for germinating and cloning with appropriate light and venting. On top of that I would have a box 3 X 3 X 3 1/2 ft and next to that I would have a 3 X 3 X 5 ft box. I was thinking of having a light bar run betweeb the tow cabinets so 1 light could take care of both growing sides. In a set up like this I would always have clones going in the bottom box, after a month in the bottom I would take 10 and put in the first flowering cabinet, replentishing the clones in the bottom. After a month in the first flowering box I would move the 10 over to the 2nd flowering box for the last month and the additional grow room.

In my mind this would give a continous monthly harvest, just not sure if this is the best or most efficent way to accomplish my goal stated above.

General Questions:

Again I have been a full time pot smoker for over 30 years. I have smoked my fair sahre of good pot over the years, but basic commercial junk is what I mostly smoke. My tolerance is very high as I smoke pretty much every 2 hours throughout the day and night (sleep 6 hrs a night) I have recently had the opertunity to smoke smoe pot they called Jock Horror sold for $120 a quarter and to tell you the truth other than the great taste and better smell and appaerance the high was nothing to write home about. Actually prefered the more body high I get from the commercial. So my question is am I screwed because I smoke so much, or did I get screwed paing $120 for pot not really of the calibur it was toted?

Are there other hard core smokers out there with insight on this subject?

Anyway thanks very much in advance if you choose to respond to any or all of this.

2. #2 toastybiz, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
    The answers to many of your questions are, in fact, available in the sticky posts, so please go back and do some more reading.

You are looking at a fairly large op for a personal grow. To harvest a pound a month, let's call that 4 oz a week. A SOG is absolutely the best way to go if you want a perpetual harvest, so you should target harvesting about 2-3 plants a week (that's about 1.5-2 oz per plant), which you should be able to do with a SOG once you have your grow op dialed in. That means having somewhere between 16-27 plants in the flower room at any one time, depending on your yield and strain's maturity time.

Trying to do that year-round in an outdoor shed will be very difficult. You will be fighting extreme temps in both Summer and Winter. So you probably will want to insulate it all the way around and have both heating and air conditioning. You'll need good electricity out there obviously.

Cops seeing a heat signature might be an issue -- I usually advise that it is no big deal to have a heat sig coming from a house, but from a shed is another matter. Don't know if cops do that kind of search in your area.

No way to comment on the Jock you smoked. Sounds like tolerance definitely is an issue for you, I'm surprised you can get any kind of buzz at all from $200/oz weed. The "bad" news is that becoming a grower most likely means you will be smoking even more, so your tolerance will be going up even more. But that's only a problem if you think it is.

3. Thanks for the response toastybiz. The pound a month harvest is just my emotions screaming that it would be nice to make a little money on my habit rather then spending so much. In reality I would be tickeled to death to just never have to pay for it again. What is your favorite strain to grow? Why?

4. as far as the jock horror it runs about 100 to 120 and is good bud it just depends if you like the head high of sativa or the body high of indica and about the infared police issure i heard that if you were to cover the whole complete inside of the shed with thermal blankets (like the kind they wrap you up with if your suffering from hypothermia)they will cloak the heat signature from your op but you will have to make sure air ventilation and temp are tightly controlled and i dont know if you can hide the heat signature of an exhaust also my personal favorite strain is hash plant because it has a high yield of the stickyest buds around and its easy to grow if you think you have a high tolerance smoke some hash plant and think again order them from highgrade-seeds.com they are legit and cheap and have nice promos like if you buys seeds and photograph the grow and end product and post it on there site they will send you free seeds and they have special bred super strains