Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

General questions about cookies?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by damnstraiight, Oct 5, 2009.

1. I've never eaten cookies before, but tomorrow I'm making a small batch for myself. I'm not putting in a lot, 3/8s I think is enough. I'll use cannabutter, and I'm in school for culinary so I don't really need a recipe, I was just wondering if that effects anything. I have a few questions though. Like, how long will it last? And should I eat them all at once?

Thanks you in advance!

2. Well...do know that the higher the fat content the better.

As far as how hot for how long I was hoping someone else could answer. I have been wanting to make some cookies using the cut and bake pre mixed Tollhouse dough ....but it only cooks for like 12 minutes. Does anyone know if THC has to be at a certain temp for a certain length of time to release into the food?

3. Have you read the stickies on cannabutter?

I know I wouldn't want to waste weed making it incorrectly. It should take like 30 minutes or so to "kick in" (depending on when you ate last). From my experience, it'll last 4-6 hours which can differ if you smoke out too. One dose is usually 2 cookies at 1.5g to 2.0 grams THC equivalent.

Premade dough already has butter in it. If you don't want to do them from scratch, you could just add cannabutter and eggs to those powdery cookie mixes in the grocery stores cake aisle. Also, the fat from butter extracts slowly on a low heat. Happy baking!! :smoking::smoking:

4. 10 grams is actually quite a bit of herb - Most of the time when folks make butter they either use leafs and shake or already vaped bud - Are you doing that, or using fresh bud? If you're using fresh you can honestly use about half of that and get where you're going.

You don't need a recipe, if you're familiar with basic kitchen chemistry (which I assume you are) than go nuts and just sub canna-butter for regular butter.

If this is your first time with edibles, I really suggest you eat one and just relax. If you after it kicks in you want to go higher than have another... Remember going in that depending on your body chemistry it can take anywhere between 45 minutes and 6hrs before it kicks in, edibles work differently and don't start working until the THC11 is converted by your liver to THC9, which is about 5 times as potent as THC11. Because of this, its also best to eat them on an empty stomach.

Edibles, depending on their potency and dose, can last up to 24hrs - I can vouch for that duration firsthand lol... Its a very different high than smoking though, VERY body heavy - in high doses it can make you feel like you're on tranquilizers (again, first hand).

So take your time, enjoy them and don't overdo it on your first go or you'll regret it.

Incidentally, when you're baking with cannabutter its important to keep the temp at 350 or below - THC boils off at 380 so best to keep a buffer

Enjoy! and post a report :)