General Organics

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by DreaminGreen, Sep 13, 2010.

1. I have the whole line... it was what i bought after i made the switch from non-organic's. Since then i have discovered a feed-the-soil-not-the-plant approach and havne't used them since. Now i concentrate on mixing up a soil that doesn't leave the plant wanting anything and anything that i give it extra is just fun, not work. Bu these bottles of stuff worked, they didn't cause major problems for me and the only deficiency that i kept having to deal with was phosphorous; i actually think that they lack sulfer to some degree(i got the sulfer middle yellowing) and that stopped the plant from being able to uptake the necessary amount of phosphorous, then i got the purpling, but i might be wrong. It wasn't all plants, just a few, picky fuckers aren't they?

2. just looking at the website info, the bio weed and bio marine seems good. both are cold processed. i'm a little skeptical of the bio root but i'll bet it contains mychorrizae

3. I kinda of am too. I am thinking of just getting humblots mycymadness or something along those lines.

I thought the seawead looked like a really good addition and I was hoping the marine would be too.

4. I absolutley agree about the soil. These are simply going to go be used for ammendments for some of my tea's.

5. DreaminGreen

The two areas that include more games than you can imagine are humic/fulvic acids and mycorrhizal fungi.

The ugly truth is that in the area of mycorrhizal fungi there are only a handful of companies growing and selling these types of products. Literally a handful - less than 5 in the US and Humboldt Nutrients ain't one of them by any stretch of the imagination.

Here's a legitimate product and costs $18.50 for 100 grams. 2 grams per 1 gallon of water, i.e. 50 gallons for $18.50.

HTH

LD

6. DG, LD has made this great suggestion to many growers out there in GC land. Me included. I have ordered products from these guys at BioAg. I got the TM 7. You will see it if you look at the site. Good products and made of 100% real shit. If you have the money, order from them. Shipping is FREE!

Also, to get on my wife's good side I ordered one of their products that is great for de-chlorinating bath water and a product to put in bathwater that is very good for detoxifying your body. I know my wife is going to love it.

JaK

7. Thanks again LD, Just ordered some. Its hard around here because there is literally only one place in my state that sells this kinda stuff. Luckily its my city but still not alot of options. This is one of the many reasons I was wanting to try out organics.

Do you think the other two would be ok. I was wrong about the Down to Earth stuff. They do not carry it. It was a different liqued kelp product by humbolt I think. Anyways I was hoping the biomarine will work?

8. LOL thanks JAk, my old lady is as much into growing as I am so she is easy to please lol. :D

I would pretty much be lost right now without LD, I have him to thank for my next harvest! I will smoke many bowls and chant to the LumperGods HAh. Ok I am done, just had my after work bowl so I am a little stoney. :poke:

9. I'm using the the Down To Earth granular root enhancer, how does that compare with the BioAg VAM stuff?

10. Sardoth

Down-To-Earth uses the myco strains from Mycorrhizal Applications out of Grants Pass, Oregon - same one used by Roots Organic, Fox Farms, Monrovia Nursery, et al.

Down-To-Earth then screws it up by adding Leonardite (oxidized lignite) thereby increasing the price per application big time.

If you want the uncut, original product from Mycorrhizal Applications you can order it from these guys for $10.00 per lb.

Having said that there are other sources of endomycorrhizal fungi that will serve you better, IMHO. Like this one - check out the specific strains and Glomus intraradices & Glomus mosseae which are the specific stain/spores 'believed' to be most applicable for cannabis plants.

One final note - T & J Enterprises out of Spokane, Washington (the Bio-Vam product) has some very fine products - like their human food-grade organic yucca extract. They have some other great products - Bio-Vam wouldn't be in that list. Their addition of trichoderma spores is the deal killer for many organic growers (real world agriculture).

HTH

LD

11. WEll to be honest I feel a little silly for buying the stuff in the first place. Our creekwater when I added it into my soil mix seems to have had a lot of activity because in two days there's some real heat coming from that thing. And while digging in the garden I found what appears to be a fungi or something that goes through a lot of the rocks(greywacky) and seems to interface with root system but I'm not sure. I always like using things close to home if possible, think that the creekwater with some of that stuff might work? Is there somewhere to mailorder that BioAg stuff? The Bay Area seems a little out of their reach.

12. the use of creekwater over tap water can be HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. in addition to not having purposefully (hopefully) added chemicals it, as you noticed, has much more microbial activity present
    as long as you don't see the condition of your plant deteriorating, keep on using it!

13. BioAg.com - they only have 3 people, i.e. 2 scientists Dr. John Faust, Dr. Ryan Zadow and Thelma Zadow (she runs the office and takes care of orders and such).

HTH

LD

14. Well I guess this stuff and that 5 dollar microscope you posted elsewhere are my growing goodies to buy for next month. You're the man they talk about Dawg :ey:

<.<

lol