General Organics vs General Hydroponics

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by LeonardoDGarden, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Running a GO box vs GH's Flora line. Matched clones in WaterFarms (dwc/drip hybrid).

I have to say, the synthetics seem to have the edge on growth, but I'm curious to see if the taste difference is significant.

General Organics (Purple Lady)

[​IMG]

General Hydroponics Flora (Purple Lady)

[​IMG]

2. Hey LeonardoDGarden (cool name btw). Most of us grow in organic soils, which is decidedly different from organic hydro, so that's probably why you haven't gotten many responses. For me, anyway, hydro is a foreign land (and I'm very happy as a citizen of Organictown). Thanks for posting your results though!

3. Leo, Imho there is probably very little difference between the GH & GO line of bottled nutes. Its very easy for a company to add something slightly organic to their bottles and slap a "organic" sticker on it.

If you really want to see what true organics is all about, use the link that InTheGarden has at the bottom of her postings. Its her signature on all of her postings. Its damn near fool/idiot proof. I should know....lol

4. Thanks InTheGarden, you come highly recommended, I'll have to check out your posts and your work. I may not have the genius of the inspiration for my name, but on the tinker side of things I think you'll wind up agreeing that the name suits me, From a naturalized wild grove, to plant behavior in low gravity environments, I find it all interesting.

And hydro may not be as far a land after all. Leave a plant in the same soil pot long enough for it to have processed all the nutrients, so the only nutrients the plant has are those that you add to it, and you aren't very far at all from a high moisture media hand top watered passive hydroponic rig.

5. If you look at the two nutes side by side, it's pretty obvious that there is a whole lot of difference between the two. I hear what you are saying, and I"m not disagreeing it may apply in some cases, but in this case Flora has bottles of pretty colored semi transparent liquid, and the GO has bottles of things like pureed squid, that you can smell has real squid in it. It has way different stuff in it.

And thanks for the heads up on InTheGarden, I'll have to check that out, I'm a voracious learner, so I like to find out all I can about such things from the people that know.

6. There both awesome looking plants...Kudos...:) As for weight your probably looking at a few less grams with the GO...

I think if the GO was used in a soil grow and feeding aerated nutrients would really make a difference in yield....You may have to do another side by side grow in soil, just to be sure...:D

7. LdG,
    It takes years and years to process all the nutrients in an organic soil ;).
    I understand what you're saying, just wanted to let you know that organics is a loooong term process. Once you add something to the soil it's going to be there for a while.

8. Well yes, there is that, I just meant that soil vs hydro is more "points along a continuum" than "black and white". Some hydro is pretty soil (like coir), and some hydro is pretty hydro (like aeroponics).

9. [​IMG]

ALMS plant; 3/4 ripe - 18 inches

actual microbial living soil

10. ^^Now I know those were not bottle fed...:)..Very nice

11. Funny I thought the top pic looked better before I even read which was which.

12. It was not intended as a comparison but the soil one appears much chubbier...no?

13. ^MM I think he was saying that he thought that the top plant posted by the OP (grown with organic hydro fertilizer) looked better then the bottom plant posted by OP (grown with regular hydro fertilizer).

At least I think that's what he's saying, otherwise it doesn't make sense (because your picture speaks loudly and clearly for itself). :)

Beautiful plants!:hello:

14. Thats exactly what I was saying.

Either way how can you say its not a comparison?Its the whole point of the thread...><

see the vs. part?

15. Right....got it. Sometimes I'm a little slow.

16. I'm thinking whatever is in Microbeman's pipe is probably pretty nice.

17. General Organics 32 grams dry

Attached Files:

18. General Hydroponics Flora 71 grams

Attached Files:

19. Nice buds! LdG, have you considered an organic soil grow? I wouldn't expect you to get a very good yield doing an organic hydro grow. Hydro is just not very conducive to the way organics works. If you're interested in organics, a good organic soil is the real deal.

20. It is definitely on my "to do" list!