General Motors Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vitamin 420, Jun 2, 2009.

1. See the full story here

Thoughts?

2. We're spending hundreds of billions of dollars to keep these monstrous failures afloat, and they still find a way to fall into bankruptcy.

How can anyone disagree with the Austrian argument that government spending prolongs the agony of natural market corrections? We should have let GM go the way of the Dodo last Fall and we'd be done with it, instead we're dishing out more "free" money. Aint capitalism grand? :rolleyes:

If you're so concerned about the employees I would rather give them a severance "bailout" than give it to the idiots running the show. $50 billion dollars would have gone a long way for the precious employees of GM, better than where they are headed now.

3. I think Alex Jones had something interesting to say about it:

Grand Theft Auto: The Bankruptcy of General Motors

4. I never thought about that... Not only would that help the workers in their own lives but it would also mean that GMs bankruptcy would have little effect on the economy through loss of consumption.. Good point.

5. Yeah, I can't believe that the employees that actually work and make the company money are the ones being laid off because some greedy fuck isn't satisfied with an eight-digit bank account. He wants more, and he won't stop even when he's driving the economy face-first into the cement.

Not only that, but they're wanting to take employee pensions away to help pay for the debt, and replace them with GM stock. :eek:.............