General Miscellaneous Political Bullshit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jerry111165, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Next, some Christian loonie is going to storm the Pentagon armed with a potato gun.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Maybe he was disgruntled because his boss fired him for shooting up 2x4s with his glock at the jobsite.

No but really though, I guess he thought it would go through bulletproof glass. Nailgun is just fuckin weird if you already have the ar, there had to be a reason he had it. Turns out it was a really stupid reason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. As soon as I read about the FBI office and a nail gun I immediately filed this one in the loony bin pile. Regardless of their political bend, some folks just aren’t into planning well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Have you ever seen No Country For Old Men? The killer uses the pneumatic cattle bolt thingy. I think the nail gun is a more compact version but same concept.

To use a nail gun the end must be firmly pressed against you target or it won't work. It doesn't just shoot like in Happy Gilmore. I get the feeling the guy had executions in his playback. I don't think it worked out quite like he had envisioned.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I am getting to the point where I might write a really radical novel set in the USA. Something along the lines of Hunter J Thomson. But maybe I had better wait to see if I get shouted at when my terror novel comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. A dude I still know managed to shoot himself thru the hand with one years ago and it was a nasty injury.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's easier than you'd think. Most people hold the trigger and just tap the end where they want the nail. So it is about as easy as hitting hand with a hammer.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yea, this guy started building houses with his dad almost as an infant so he is well versed but just slipped up. He’s a pothead too so there’s that I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yep, there is a plunger type safety on nail guns. Worked in a cabinet shop that used staple guns(same thing just shoots staples instead of nails) and you'd figure out pretty quick that just a touch of glue would hold the safety plunger down. Whether accidentally or on purpose. Made staple gun fights almost mandatory if you were of the right age and temperament, which we were. I'm surprised that we made it out with our eyes intact. Loads of fun at the time though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Ya, well I screwed may hand to a fence. The bad part was backing it out again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. I used the “friendly” thing since there isn’t a “good God o mighty” button.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Like I said earlier, barrel of monkeys crazy. ^^^^^^^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. United we stand, divided you fall.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. The unity is gone and has been for years. It’s all revenge and hate now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. YOU have made this VERY clear in the few months that I have been here.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Rushdie attacked while on a stage preparing to give a lecture -

Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York

CHAUTAUQUA, N.Y. -

Salman Rushdie, the author whose writing led to death threats from Iran in the 1980s, was attacked Friday as he was about to give a lecture in western New York.

An Associated Press reporter witnessed a man storm the stage at the Chautauqua Institution and begin punching or stabbing Rushdie as he was being introduced. The author was taken or fell to the floor, and the man was restrained.

Rushdie's condition was not immediately known.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. YOU didn’t see this divide in the US until joining this forum?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Of course I have.

However, as pot heads, we should at least have some common ground to start a dialogue and bridge the gap that is IMO deliberately being built between us.

EVERY time I have seen you with the opportunity to perhaps make a step in that direction, you offer nothing but whataboutisms and yea buts. Never anything constructive that I have seen.

You are certainly not making things better, and seem proud of it.

I had thought we might have had a different group here. I was wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  19. In light of recent events in the news, I find it extremely amusing that the progressives and other far leftists are now on the side of the cops.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2