General Miscellaneous Political Bullshit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jerry111165, Jul 9, 2021.

1. It is just appalling this total lack of concern. There was this attitude in the 50s in the UK called "I'm all right Jack" (and YOU can bugger off!) and it reminds me of it. People with mental health problems by definition can't help themselves, we don't have a society if we abandon them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Governments are playing on our emotions by referring to them as homeless. For me a homeless person is somebody who falls on hard times for one reason or another and slips into that space, hopefully temporarily. In the vast majority of cases what they are calling now homeless are people who have serious mental/emotional hardships and who have turned to hard drugs for self-medication. Their homelessness is a systematic symptom of both their addictions and their untreated psychological problems. They are left to flounder like the neighbourhoods they occupy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. The man accused of killing Muslims in Albuquerque is a Muslim, himself, and attended the same mosque as his victims.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Have they confirmed the victims were Muslim? I remember some suggestion that the guy was just killing. Religion causes bad things on a lot of levels.

6. #4106 garrison68, Aug 11, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    He is accused, so far, of killing two Muslims and both of them were members of the same mosque as he attended regularly.

Before this came out, Biden condemned the killings as "hateful attacks".

Fear turns to shock among Albuquerque Muslims as police say the shooter is a Muslim
    The suspect, police say, is a 51-year-old man named Muhammad Syed, who is Muslim himself

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. I had to play catch-up but I did read about this loons daughter getting married to an undesirable or some such. Probably some crazy religion honor bullshit. He can enjoy his religion in the clink. Murder is murder. I’d even wager that most killings are “hate crimes” tho they may not fit some legal definition. A local guy just wasted his wife with 6 -45 cal bullets in her head, hate or no?

• Like Like x 2
  8. #4108 garrison68, Aug 11, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    It was not "Islamophobia", that's a major difference. Now that there is a suspect who is from a similar background as his victims, it is not considered a hate crime. It does not matter how many people are killed by members of their own, it's the minority of killings by outside people, in some cases racially motivated, that are called hate crimes and get the most attention - especially unjustified killings by cops of people who are different from themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  9. If you appreciate John Cleese. The title overstates the tone of the interview, so it’s more interesting and entertaining than the title lets on -

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. I wonder if he will be labeled a serial killer instead of a hate crime killer. probably not for obvious reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think serial killer is defined legally by 3 or 4 murders. Sounds like a lot of messy work to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. From what I read online, his method doesn't seem to fit the profile of a textbook serial killer, because he knew some or all of the victims and they were not geographically very far from him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just kill the murderer. He can then get his 100 virgins . No wait, ...make him eat alot of pork, then kill him.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Having been merely an observer for a few decades I feel blessed to live in the era when republicans turned on cops. I never thought I’d see this and it is beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Details?

• Like Like x 1
  16. They have turned on the FBI, among other federal LE agencies in service to Trump. That usually doesn’t work out well but we will see. I just love watching the division and it’s only going to get better as we go.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Might be referencing this:
    Standoff ends after armed man allegedly tried to break into Cincinnati FBI office

"The suspect was allegedly armed with an AR15-style rifle and also brandished a nail gun during the alleged break-in attempt at the FBI field office in Cincinnati, according to multiple law enforcement sources."

Wait... what? Nail gun? Does he keep his guns in a tool box next to his tool box? Wtf.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. AR 15, nail gun and body armor. Why the hell is the nail gun the focus......nevermind.