General Hydroponics Nutes, First Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dibiticus+)763, Jul 15, 2009.

1. I read this in a search to figure out how much of each part of the 3 part system I have to mix for each stage. I am using floragrow, floramicro, and florabloom. just wondering if this is correct, and if anybody has experience with GH nutes and would like to offer help or tell me how they worked it. so is whats below true?

I see that many use Lucas' formula for the GH 3-part nutes. So far I've had pretty good results with Highgrade's formula that I found on Overgrow.com under growfaq 92.

The 1st number is the Flora-Gro; 2nd is Flora-Micro and the last is Flora- Bloom. You use a ratio of 3-2-1 during veg, 1-1-1 during transition and 1-2-3 during flower. Meaning that in veg you use 3 times the amount of Flora-Gro than Flora-Bloom and 2 times as much Flora-Micro as Flora-Bloom. So if you are using 5 ml per gallon of Flora-Bloom, you should use 10 ml per gallon of Flora-Micro and 15 ml of Flora-Gro.

At transition you use equal parts of all three. Then during flower you use 3 times the amount Flora-Bloom than Flora-Gro and 2 times as much Flora-Micro as Flora-Gro.

That's how you get a 3-2-1; 1-1-1; and 1-2-3 ratio. GH also has a ppm calculator online to help you estimate your ppm level before mixing. I mix my nutes at two-thirds to three-fourths the GH recommended nute strengths and then backoff the next water change if I need to.

Im' still tweaking the formula for my strain of plants.

so if anybody could or would help I would be in debt to you
    btw I have a 30 gallon res tank if you'd like to help me through my worst subject, math

2. yeah I know I spelt grow wrong, you may poke fun

3. Highgrades #92

The 1-2-3 recipe #95

in know being picky..but you did leave some out....good post none the less :cool:

gonna want to add some calcium and magnesium to the mix IMHO with the higher N levels from using the flora gro... ( but I am no pro in hydro...yet)

my .02

4. my bad .. I didn't read your original post right.

yeah ....most recipes that have "parts' like the "1-2-3" are in 5ml increaments ( its a teaspoon so its an easy measurement )

did you get a feeding schedule with your GH nutes ? if not here is a link to thier feeding charts and calculator

GENERAL HYDROPONICS schedule

GENERAL HYDROPONICS calculator

the calculator is prolly more a pain to you then good right now..it can be daunting...but the feeding schedules..mainly the "keep it simple recirc." might be of some use to you as a base.

5. Thanks for the help, just want to know as much as I can before I actually start, got my seeds coming in the mail. sold my bass and shit to pay for everything so if I screw up it would hurt a whole lot more than if I just bought everything