General Anesthetic and Marijuana

Discussion in 'General' started by link91210, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Hello everyone,
    I just wanted to drop by and see if anyone has had any experience with this. I will be going under a small procedure to have my wisdom teeth pulled this Thursday. I will be fully put to sleep and I am a very heavy smoker. Will this have any complications with the general anesthetic? I'm assuming as long as i don't go to the opporation stoned ill be fine.

thank you for the help!

2. I had my wisdom teeth taken out a while back and they put me under a mixture of general anesthetic and nitrous. I didnt go in stoned and I came out just fine.

I think you'll be ok. If you really are uncertain, because anesthetics do get intense, go ahead and ask your dental surgeon. If there are potential complications, they'll know for sure and they aren't going to give a shit about you smoking weed.

3. Yeah, im going have the NOS and some anesthetic drug, i don't remember the name.
    But I'm not really that worried about it, i just thought i should ask some people who might know more about it than i. Thank you!

4. Yeah man you'll be fine. I've never heard of anyone having complications with anything because of THC. Not only that, but I searched the internets and found reports of other people claiming the same. These people claimed to have spoken to medical people of high standing... but I wasn't in the room with them so who knows it could all be bullshit.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.... all things considered I'd say you'll be fine.

Enjoy it, its fun when all the drugs start kicking in. I passed out from having the needle stuck into my vein, right after they put the gas on me.... then I woke up from passing out because of the needle, and all the nitrous was doing its magic and the anesthesia was kicking in. I got to enjoy that for a few wonderful moments before I decided it'd be a good idea to let my mind float off into nothingness. So... uh... yeah, have fun. :D

5. haha i know
    it might sound weird but im actually very very excited, since it will be the first time for me to experience both of these drugs.
    not to mention some wonderful percocet afterwords