Gelidus Solus

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Chrysamere, Oct 2, 2008.

1. its been ages since ive posted on here, i really can't remember the last thing that i put up for you guys but i decided to do a little photoshop. here's a rough cut, would appreciate any feedback and criticism because it isn't finalized. thanks guys, smoke on.

Attached Files:

2. it looks really good chrysamere! glad that your posting again. i remember u stopped because nobody gave you any feedback...so here we go!

i love it all but i feel like the planet/main object could look a little more realistic ( in the sense that it could be a little more 3D )

I noticed that you put what looks like a white inner glow (maybe inner shadow) on the planet...it shows up very clearly on the bottom/left of the planet... I feel like it would look a bit nicer if you made that bigger but maybe only add a little bit more choke...

I hope you understand what I meant by that...

I really like how you took (what looks like a clouds filter) and blended that with the black space and stars... looks very good.

As for planet color... I feel like you should try to add a little variation.. (very little)... maybe a very very subtle radial color overlay from blue/lightblue or something along the lines of that...

Sorry if I'm making it seem like you should change your entire piece or something, all I'm saying is..try it out, see how you like it?

overall very awesome!

3. Hey thanks for the feedback, you know what you're talking about, ive seen your deviant gallery (me being a gallery owner myself), good work my friend. Anyway in response, if i added more choke it becomes too hard of a hard line with no gradient at work, loses the realism. As for the color, i was shooting for it to be all blue, as it is a planet of ice. The name Gelidus Solus translate in the literal sense to "Cold Alone". But as for the 3d i see where you're coming from. I was thinking maybe even add another very light pattern overlay/color overlay?

4. Here's a revision, did some very subtle color work, touched up inner glow, and burned in some of the shadow on the planet. oh also added another very transparent texture layer for more depth, i think it pops a little better now, what do you think.

Attached Files:

5. yet another revision

Attached Files: