Gears of War 2?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Seeker, Mar 5, 2009.

1. How does everyone feel about the game itself overall, not just one specific aspect of the game such as the campaign, but each specific part.

I myself believe the campaign was AMAZING, It actually had depth and some plot thrown into it.

The Multiplayer online on the other hand..Well, that's not so amazing. There are tons upon tons of glitches, people have those God forsaken lag switches, and let's not forget..The two most hated things in the game, The two piece and the chainsaw.

As for the final aspect of the Game..Horde. I find it rather enjoyable but, slightly repetitive as you will all agree sitting there for hours upon end slaughtering countless bots would get rather monotonous to say the least.

Overall I would say the game is great but, the one aspect most Xbox 360 users care most about, Online play, REALLY needs some work.

2. gears of war 2 was a pretty big let down for me, i love the sniping and shit but multiplayer suckd assed. i thought hoarde was gonna be fun, i playd that with someone off the fourms, both of us passed out during the game and i never played it since. Its funny tho getting 2 stoners together and getting smashed and cant play for shit.

3. Its an awesome game chainsaw no doubt was invented for campaign use but the two piece man ? thats not hated its respected haha thats like the standard at least with the people i play with i liked the first one alot to.

4. I enjoyed it as a package. I didn't play it near as much as I did the first one though. It just had a "been there done that" feeling to it.

5. soryr for bringing up a old thread but im bored lol. GoW 2 was fun for awhile but after awhile i found itj ust sitting collecting dust. GOW 1 however is still extreamly fun online. I have some great memories with gears of war and still love it it is by far the greatest game on the xbox 360. GoW 2 not so much lol

6. #6 IamTheTruth, Jun 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2009
    Gears of war 1 was a amazing game and it set the tone for all xbox multiplayer shooters it was just incredible. Now gears of war 2 is just to slow 5v5 in multiplayer is fine but keep the same game play as in gears 1 they have to many executions to much shit to do its a noobs paradise and no possible way to clutch if your facing multiple enemys the game over all is a disgrace to gears they need to bring back gears 1 game play which hopefully they will do in gears of war 3 which is set to release with the new xbox.

7. lmao dude gears 3 isnt releasing for the next xbox. do you know how much longer itll be until the xbox 720 is out? microsoft has stated in many interviews they plan on keeping the 360 out for a longer time then the usual 5 year span of most consoles a (which is good i think) and they said the xbox 360s life is barely even half over yet. it wont take that long to make a gears 3 haha. but gears one is still best!

8. do you know what rumor means? lol read a game informor or somthing and there are plenty of interviews to microsoft stating that it isnt coming out for a couple years.

9. Well if you read it, it is them explaining the rumour...

10. either way its not true and they are wrong. microsoft already stated in real interviews that its not going to be released for a few years. and also that natal thing is being released the end of 2010 for the xbox 360 they wouldnt bother making it for the 360 if the new system was already out with it installed already. that rumor is wrong.

11. I'm playing it now its fucking awesome.

12. Either way xbox> all

13. hell yeah lol

plus im glad the next xbox isnt comin out for awhile or any new systems for a matter or fact. im tired of spending like 3-400 just so i can play the newest shit lol they can update and push the limits with the 360 and ps3 and i hope they do that.

14. To bad there isnt any games worth playing right now my xbox overheated so im waiting for a good game to come out before i drop another 400 on a elite.

15. there are plenty of games worth playing. i hear the new prototype game is fantastic. xbox is great because of its online play and wide veriety of games. PLaystaions are a entertainment system. xbox's are a gaming system =]

16. Im more into competitive gaming if there is no competition like person vs person kinda thing then im not interested i like the fact that i can be better than everyone if i just play the game. Once my xbox broke i lost interest until i find something new. Halo 3 is good but nothing like gears 1.

17. yeah Gears is by far the best competition game there is. i dont like halo 3 much the community sucks and the gameplay gets kinda stale after awhile imo but it was fun and it was the first live game i got haha. Call of duty games are fun also but pretty easy online.

18. I never really enjoyed cod i had 4 and traded it in and then i played cod waw and it was fun dont get me wrong but there was way to much bull shit and random shit happens and you die and you get shot once and your dead. I especially hate people with the god damn rapid fire controllers on that game.

19. The game was fine but the ending was so bad. Killed the whole 2 player experience.