Gearing up for first practice grow - questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Spice Of Life, Aug 2, 2012.

1. I'm hoping to start growing in the near future, and I'm thinking about supplies right now. I gotta do this as low budget as possible. I've picked my location, a small area in my master closet with wire shelving that will work well to train the plants, just need to move a shelf up a bit.

I've got three bagseeds I'm going to try my luck with, so even if I fail horribly I won't be out too much, since the equipment is reusable.

Right now I'm thinking about lighting. With 1 or 2 plants how much light do I need? I have a heat lamp reflector that I used earlier in the year over the brooder for my chicks (expecting eggs any day now!), can I use that or should I find an alternative? The bulb I currently have is red (250 watts), but I can pick up a white bulb or a clear energy saver bulb (125 watts), but I'm worried those would be too hot? I know the energy from that wouldn't catch any attention since we've used it for months on end without any issue..

I'll have more questions later, still in the learning process :)