Gear glass, what should I be paying?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by xkevlarx, Dec 2, 2009.

1. I'm looking to invest in a new piece.

Was checking out some Gear glass at a head shop called the Next Level near my place. I was looking at a piece that's about 2 feet tall, 4 chamber. 2 percs, 2 diffusers with an ice compartment at the top. Downstem had a perc too. Posted price is 220, but it was 10% off for 200.
    I'm definitely new to blazing regularly, so I am just wondering if this is worthwhile or not, because I definitely wanted it as soon as I held it.

Thanks

2. get it...i had a 2 foot..1 perc..with ashcatcher for 200

3. With that many chambers it could very possibly be a drag monster. If I was in your shoes I would look for something else.

4. Sorry what do you mean by drag monster? Like it wouldn't haul fully so the hits would be small?

5. the more bodies of water the smoke has to go through creates more drag which means u need to suck/pull/breathe in harder to get the smoke to your lips. with less percs (less bodies of water) you will be able to clear the smoke in the bong much more easily

6. More drag means you have to suck harder, its honestly not that big of a deal. You just need to suck harder its really no problem, and its not like you have to suck that hard.

7. Alright cool beans, my brother said the same thing :)

8. well, this is really not the case. that it's not a big deal, i mean. i see your username there... but looking past that, how can one say drag doesn't matter? it's more than just having to pull more; it can mean you can't burn AND clear a hit in one breath, and that is just not acceptable for me, at least. so, YES, drag IS a big deal, if what I just said matters to you...