GDPS Candyland smoke report

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by medsforme, Oct 22, 2013.

1. My second GDPS Candyland seed turned out to be female and, roughly three months later, I've got my first small harvest. The subsequent clone(s) will yield much more. That being said, what I did get from this diminutive first try, is very nice.
     ​
    IMG_3877-small.JPG IMG_3878-small.JPG

My allergies are acting up, and so I will leave this with just pictures for now until I can describe the taste/smell.

Updates in the coming days/weeks. :smoke:

2. #2 medsforme, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
    IMG_3882-small.JPG IMG_3883-small.JPG IMG_3884-small.JPG
     ​
    My allergies have cleared up a bit and I can smell the agave nectar-like sweetness that is very similar, albeit not as piercing (possibly due to the stunted growth) as the Bay 11. Besides that, I can pick out a general sugar/candy smell that has a hint of an earth smell mixed in. I'm thinking the curing will help bring that out, although I'm waiting until December, when I harvest the clone, to get a better smell profile to add to this one.

Visually it is gorgeous and would likely get chosen in a lineup based on looks alone.

3. Those are some very good looking buds you've got there.  What's the buzz like?

4. It's heady, but with a noticeable Indica twist. A pretty good balance, but I need a much larger amount to do a complete report. The one that is currently in flower, is going to be a good 40 grams+ at least.

5. Wow very deep and unique coloration there on those buds im quite jealous! Was it a temperamental grow or smooth sailing?

6. Overall just fine, but the initial one I grew (that wasn't a male) reacted badly to topping, and so I got less than an ounce out of her.

The clone is looking really nice though, and I expect to get some even better looking, and stronger, buds right about NYE.

7. Just finished the initial drying of my only Candyland clone. The clone of the clone ended up dying suddenly and I have no more Candyland seeds. The good news, is that this turned out to a be a fragrant strain and the lowers that I've sampled, are pretty powerful.

I'll be letting it cure over the next few weeks, sampling a little bit as I go.

Until then, here are pictures of it dried, and a close up of one of the branches. I elected not to trim so close to save time, and because I use a vaporizer almost exclusively.

IMG_3931-small.JPG
    IMG_3930-small.JPG

8. Ahead of the smoke report update in a week or two (need time to cure a little), I'm posting some pictures of some of the uppers.

IMG_3941-small.JPG IMG_3942-small.JPG IMG_3943-small.JPG
     ​
    IMG_3944-small.JPG IMG_3945-small.JPG IMG_3948-small.JPG
     ​
    IMG_3952-small.JPG IMG_3953-small.JPG IMG_3954-small.JPG
     ​
    IMG_3957-small.JPG IMG_3959-small.JPG

9. IMG_4070-small.JPG IMG_4071-small.JPG
    One of the uppers​
     ​
    IMG_4072-small.JPG
    Some ground uppers​

This strain smells like Lavender. Seriously. I have a bottle of Lavender essential oil and it smells exactly like it.

Going 80 days instead of 70 or so, pumped up the Indica portion of the Candyland, leading to a very strong narcotic effect.

Unless I'm mistaken, Candyland is 75/25 Sativa/Indica, which I believe is less than Red Cherry Berry has, but the effect is much more intense.

As you can see, the buds are a beautiful purple, with a very dark coating of resin that is hard to see until you grind some up.

10. Very nice. How soon after smoking are you falling asleep? Lol, u just finished up my purple kush auto, love those narcotic like purples

Sent from my SM-N900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. It depends on when I vape. I usually have a cup of coffee as I vape an elbow-packed bowl or two in a row. If it's late, then I'll make it about 20 minutes or so. If I've just woken up, then I'm stuck, but awake. :devious:

12. Finishing the last bag of vape off the main cola, I am impressed with how much kick this strain has for how little Indica it's supposed to contain.

I don't regret growing this, but given a choice between this and Bay 11, I'll take Bay 11 10 times out of 10 (or 11 out of 11 if you will).

Some people might be put off by the Lavender smell, though they'll likely overlook that considering how purple this stuff is.

I would suggest people sample this before growing.

Now I'm off to update the smoke report for the LA Chocolat, flowered to 70 days instead of 56.