GDPkushKILLer's 1st grow W/ pics

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GDPkushKILLer, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Ok grass city...here it is, my grow box. The strain is from a sac of Purple Heirloom, but the guy could have thrown any seeds in there for all we know...B/c every seed was brown and ready to germ, not like bagseed where its a 50/50 shot.

So we originally had 12 but we are down to 8 at the moment, we have 2 still as back up plans waiting to be transplanted in party cups. The main 8 are in our grow box's veg/flower chamber under 8 26 w--100w equiv bulbs. They started out in a Tupperware bin with 2 weak ass 15 w grow tubes 24/7 They sprouted and everything was going good until I noticed some stretching and at that point raised the babies closer to the light and began construction on the box. Its been a work in progress for sure though...being the stoners we were built the box to our need of how many plants and built the dam thing wide and too deep lol had to lop off some extra inches. Now on to the pictures :]

wow fuckphotobucket

wont upload I wanted to do chronological pictures but I might just start putting some random ones... seriously just waiting like 4 diff time and it freezes halfway to upload

2. Heres the baby seedlings in organic soil it was meh...did the job though
    Notice the start of stretch...they got tall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Grow Cab v.1 (built to big for the intended space lol some stoners forget to measure.
    [​IMG]

Grow cab v.1.2

built to size and change the way it opens
    [​IMG]

4. Transplanted into 1gal buckets of ffof here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the runt of the little lol
    [​IMG]

5. Once the plants got into their new home it just started getting way to hot way to fast, even with only cfl bulbs... we had to get ventilation worked out, but kept floating around different ideas. Something had to be done, this is what we did in the mean time lol.
    [​IMG]

6. Note* noob first grow mistake don't use foil!! helped contribute to our heat problem...
    We've taken it down since this picture.

[​IMG]

7. Subbin in :)

Looks like a very solid, well thought out set up, minus the measurements :D

Edit: Ha! Good catch on the foil. I didn't see it in the first pics. You'd be amazed at how much heat the CFL's put out from their base/ballast.

8. nice work dude....how long are you going to veg before 12/12?

9. Vegging time hasn't really been determined yet lol maybe till about 2 feet tall how ever that long could take? once they get a little bigger I'm going to start lst'ng and then implement a screen,

I'll have new pictures up soon guys! thanks for stopping by.

10. yeah good idea... if you have the proper ventilation system in place you should be able to keep those cfls 1-2" from the tops of the plants. Plants grow a lot faster when they are as close to the light as possible.

11. #11 GDPkushKILLer, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
    I have a cmh now :D need to go get a ballast, uploading new pictures now

edit*

Closet Close
    [​IMG]
    Closet Open
    [​IMG]
    Grow Box Open
    [​IMG]
    Ventilation
    (before we did this we were dealing in the high 90's, now were maintaining about 84-86 degrees)
    [​IMG]
    Any Idea as to what this could be?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Ohhhh shiiiiitttt son...how big? digital? your hoes are going to work hard for you now!:smoke::smoke:

13. 400watt sun master neutral deluxe off of htg...cant figure out what kind of ballast I need:confused:

14. yeah dont know either but i know that 400 is going to do wonders for you. I have a 400w HPS with a 6" 440cfm fan hooked to it in my grow closet that is 2x4 and i can run it 6" from the tops of my plants and my remote temp gauge that hangs right at the top of my tallest bud says 81 degrees right now. im 2 weeks into 12/12 right now and the buds are getting bigger then i though they would.

15. Just applied LsT to a few ladies...pics up in a little everyone

16. First off...some strawberry cough I just got :smoke:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now on to the little trees...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any clue whats up with this lil lady?

[​IMG]

17. that last one looks like it got a little bit of nutro burn. nothing crazy though.

18. subbing

yeah she looks like she got a bit burnt. What soil are you using? You really dont need to feed em in soil for the first few weeks from what I've read and seen, but i'm a hydro man my self so I'm not too sure.

19. We transplanted into fox farms ocean forest but kept some of their original soil that was cased around the root so as to not shock them so much....we didnt use any nutes till yesterday...

20. I'll have some new pics today :hello:

I have two plants with that weird yellow burnt discoloration on one of the bottom leaves for both plants, other then that they look good and healthy.I think it could have just been shock from transplant? They've both had it since they were babies but the leaf never really fell off...

something to worry about?