GDP/OG Kush Grow 2010

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by OrganicIsBetter, Mar 13, 2010.

1. #1 OrganicIsBetter, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
    Here's my setup, feel free to comment on any potential improvements...

Strains:
    GDP
    OG Kush
    ... and a couple dank bagseeds (really just testing the soil mix, but i might let em grow :) they were troopers... i didn't check the pH and put them in some soil i used for a past grow... they weren't lookin so hot, so i checked the runoff and it was at 8.0... they deserve to live man)

Soil Mix:
    30% Promix BX
    20% Worm Castings
    25% Perlite
    25% Vermiculate
    1 TBSP Mexican Bat Guano per gallon
    Dolomite Limed to 6.5

Nuting Schedule:
    VEG:
    W1 Earth Juice Grow
    W2 1 drop Superthrive / 1 cap Maxicrop Kelp Extract
    W3 Earth Juice Grow
    W4 Liquid Karma
    (repeat cycle)

FLOWER:
    W1 Worm Casting/Humus/Jamaican Bat Guano Tea
    W2 1 drop Superthrive / 1 cap Maxicrop Kelp Extract
    W3 Earth Juice Bloom
    W4 Liquid Karma
    (repeat cycle)

Going from the grow box to outside at 4th node... just recently got my soil brew to 6.5, so the bagseeds are looking a little less than perfect... starting the GDP / OG Kush seeds soon! Stay Tuned! In the meantime, here's how the bagseed's looking...

2. #2 OrganicIsBetter, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2010
    here's some pics, the first and second are 2 weeks ago... i recently fimmed the plant in the 4th pic... however unsteady my hand was :p

Attached Files:

3. So good to see the Northern Hemisphere grows outdoor start up! Best of luck.

4. hope this goes well and wish u the best of luck.
    will watch and thnks for the help

5. transplanted the one in the clay pot to a 1 gallon... the other's starting to take off... can't hold it in the box much longer :X

Attached Files:

• w1.jpg
      w1.jpg
      File size:
      686 KB
      Views:
    • w3.jpg
      w3.jpg
      File size:
      796.3 KB
      Views:
    • w2.jpg
      w2.jpg
      File size:
      732.3 KB
      Views:
  6. Sup man, I pulled the chair.

Looking forward to see how the og kush is, cause I want to order those seeds.

Good luck with your grow ;)

7. #7 starblazer, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2010
    Looks like you've prepared well for this grow, that can only mean one thing, your gonna grow some fire herb. Your nute schedule sounds solid, I don't have access to organic hydro nutes so I'm just using bone, blood, Mex bat shit, and the kelp extract. Let me know if that sounds like enough food for the soil, I don't want to have to fertilize, just water.

I'm gonna be starting mine in a few weeks, just waiting on some seeds to come in, then they're getting the OP banana peel treatment. Can't wait!:smoking:

8. you should have enough nutes for veg for sure... i'd look into some jamaican bat guano and lil air pump so you can brew some teas for flowering... good luck bro

9. I just got an old air pump from my sister's aquarium and I'm about to order some more guano. However, which Guano is higher P, Jamaican or Indonesian? I guess it might be on Sunleaves website.

10. indonesian is higher P, either will work fine

11. oh yea about that... can you just buy the peruvian seabird guano with has both high N & P which means u can use it for veg and flower?

12. well... during flowering its better to cut the nitrogen completely... i dunno, never used it... always made more sense to me to apply the nutes when they need them...

13. the fimmed plant's shooting up, was dried out so i gave it a lil Liquid Karma this time... the one i transplanted has some retard new growth on it haha... anybody ever had one side of leaves shoot out? lol... oh well it's bagseed... my beans should be in this weekend and we can start back over... yano, with soil that's not pH 8.0 and good genetics...

Attached Files:

14. Hi O.I.B. ......I've always found that the guanos work better for me when I side dress the plant and water in. You can also add it right into the overall soil mix. When added to teas, I've found that it is not instantly available to the plant.

I try to structure my teas to be high in either bacterial or fungal microbes, depending on whether I'm in veg or in flower. A high fungi tea is beneficial in getting phosphorus to the plant. There are other high P amendments that work well for flowering also. I use both Indonesian bat guano (as a side dressing) and fish bone(5-16-0) meal in my soil mix.

I'd like to hang out with you on your grow, would love to see your OG Kush........thanks for linking me to your journal.

peace.........

chunk

15. yea i guess the first time i did my guano tea it opened my plant up for flowering nutes... and i've done it since haha... didn't think it wasn't soaking up the nutes from it though, just never thought about it in that sense i suppose...

would you suggest the tea for opening flowering and top dress after so it can soak it all up, then just using the EJ Bloom? or should the tea by cycled in every so often?

i also normally flush about 2-3 weeks before i expect the trichs to be done, and water with molasses... sound good?

16. Have you ever tried adding some extra magnesium (epsom salts) to the mix when you flushing is underway?

17. nope, pretty much what i listed is what i use besides the molasses after the flower flush... what would that accomplish exactly? i'm not on a budget here, anything to improve short of going indoors i'll experiment with at least :)

18. After the all important NPK ratios, magnesium provides the nutrient necessary to enhance and help the plant take up the NPK and other minor trace elements. I use it as 2 teaspoons to 8 litres in conjunction with the molasses so as to really get the organic Potassium easily available.

19. hrm... fair nuff... i'll try it on a couple girls later then ;)

20. put em outside a couple days ago... a storm blew by while i was asleep and this was the first sunny day we've had... (weather channel's a joke a sometimes) anyways, the big one was plopped over on itself like nature just decided we were gonna LST...

i propped it back up with some dirt...

lookin a little light green, gonna start the veg nutes soon...

Attached Files:

• w1.jpg
      w1.jpg
      File size:
      649.9 KB
      Views:
    • w2.jpg
      w2.jpg
      File size:
      645.7 KB
      Views:
    • w3.jpg