Gdp From Seed, Problems Galore, Help Lots Of Pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ClinicalExplosion420, Sep 3, 2014.

1. I took a large amount of pictures to help get an answer, I've been having this problem for about two weeks

When I noticed the problem I stopped feeding nutes, only a little calmag because I at first thought it was calcium deficient.

Plant is about 2-2.5 months old, I wanted to switch to flower last week but I want to get her healthy first

She is in a 5 gallon smart pot with happy frog soil.
    Have been using jungle juice grow a/b and some tapnroots stuff I got as a sample. Other then that pH water right out of my faucet.

I know I have mites and I'm fighting them as we speak but there's something else wrong

Smaller leaves/ new growth keeps drying out dying and falling off, and some bigger leaves die less often, I'm at a loss

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Fungus knats check ur soil for larvae. Do a complete neem oil dunk from top to bottom drench your plant bro bleach entire grow room sterilize everything lower temps to the low 60s......soil drench with neem too....

3. #3 snoopdog6502, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    Feed it for bloom with cal mag and get some 70% Neem oil and spray the shit out of it, get rid of the mites.

I dont know about the smart pots and possible root death, never tried them.

4. First let's solve bug problem OK?

5. Get natria 70% neem concentrate from home depot. Mix 1\\2 teaspoon to regular size spray bottle. Add in a good squirt of dawn.... Dishwashing liquid soap. Ad water pH to 5.7 spray everything until it is soaking wet top to bottom. Do this every 3 days bro top to bottom. Now include soil drench. 1 to 2 teaspoons per gallon. Check top layer of coco for fungus knats....shake plant if u see little bugs with black shiny wings u have fungus knats. 1 female lays 300 eggs every 3 days.....look dig through 2 inches top of media.....well eliminate bugs bro OK? U are going to have to act fast n hit em hard. Can u use a fogger?

6. I'm going to pick up poison asap, but the last two days I've been fighting it with 70/30 mix of 99% iso. Has been working OK but no complete eradication, unfortunately foggers are a no go.
    The smart pot has been working wonders actually, plant would probably be 4-5 feet by now if I haven't been toping and training it.
    I have spidermites, not sure about the fungus knats, but I was just digging around in the topsoil cleaning out all the dead leaves and didn't notice anything. I've been feeding it calmag for the last two weeks

7. Looked up fungus knats, definitely don't have those, I would have noticed them while I was searching for mites.

8. Btw, thanks for all the quick reply guys! I've been tripping out about this for a while and what I find when I searched hasn't been helping

9. Ok look up potassium deficiency pics. This could be brown curling leaf tip problem.
    Too much calmag locks up potassium

10. Flush coco and feed 1 teaspoon per gallon your jungle juice and add something high in potassium molasses get brher rabbit or GMA's unsulfured from Walmart or hi brix from hydro store. 1 tablespoon per gallon.

11. I think honestly most of the damage u see if from the mites sucking chlorophyll from leaves bro. I looked at pics and I decided here is what I would do. Cut off all damaged leaves and badly infected leaves. Next start by shower drenching plant for 10 minutes. Then let her dry. Then neem oil spray everywhere. Let sit in tub an chill. Overnight leave light on in bathroom close door let her chill and absorb neem spray her every 3 days from here on out in the bathroom tub......

12. This is a premature assumption.

I assumed the same thing. One of my plants looked identical to yours. I only found them after the plant died, dead center in the rootball.

Nothing will work as fast or as well as pyrethrin. Get it off amazon, because if its not as close to pure as possible it wont work, but it will destroy the microbes in your soil as its mixed with a petrolium derivative to help with impact.

Btw, thats pyrethrin, which is synthetic pyrethrum (Chrysanthemum flowers)

13. Feed her food bro she will need it after the shower drench.

14. If you want to eradicate mites in about two days doing absolutely nothing and not stressing, no pest strips, otherwise, enjoy the slow death :wave:

If you want to know the science of why its safe to use, read my thread. I tear a new asshole through all the carcinogenic claims using science to dispute pseudo bullshit hippy nonsense.

15. And whatever you do start a microbe tea brew ASAP!!!! U will need them u needed em 1 month ago
    Lol :-D

16. Pokesmot I got knats outdoor coco I drenched neem spray soak n eliminated most of the population but I also added a 2 inch layer of fresh perlite on top to suffocate them bugger's and to deter the flying ones from getting to the organic goodies to feed n lay eggs. Put up some sticky yellow traps see in a week if u don't have knats lol ;-)

17. Bro did u look up fungus knats damage on cannabis? Subscribe to Robert Bergmann or I love growing marijuana.com

18. I'm not running coco, I have happy frog , I fed it some, tomorrow I plan to flush the soil and then I'll re feed properly. I think potassium is it, the beginning looks similar to calcium def. (Witch I thought was the problem) then with the feeding of calmag it got worse. Plus my leaves are getting smaller and all the 100 or so dead ones are all around the size of a 50 cent piece

19. So checking again all my majorly damaged/ dying fan leaves are the oldest ones and the stems are turning purple