GC what should I spend it on?

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 95373, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Don't Put all your eggs in one basket,

Do a lot of different things, the trip to amsterdam sounds like a great idea, and a grow op is also very convincing depending on your living status but seriously do something that you normally wouldn't. I mean Carpe Diem, you only live this life once so make it a great life.

I would buy a sick camera for the trip, a round trip ticket to amsterdam and relax in amsterdam for a few days and then take a bus tour to paris, brussells, munich and see the world my man, incorporate smoking weed INTO your life, dont let smoking weed BE your life.

2. Yeah, a trip to Amsterdam sounds like that'll be kickass.

Definitely let us know how that turns out. ANd if you end up going to Paris and shit too, make sure to get a "Royale with Cheese" (Just watched Pulp Fiction last night, such a badass movie)

3. LMAO!! oh man that just made my day lol

4. dude, go to amsterdam... i just got back like a month ago... best time of my life, shrooms and herb, what more could you want!

5. I agree.

Hard times are comming my friend, they always do. be prepared

I'm not tryin to be a downer just being realistic.

6. how about move out to cali, get a nice ass apartment (well, around 1000-1500 a month, a reasonable price), and then get a bunch of nice shit, like a hella good sound system, a sick comp, a sick camera, a big screen tv, hahahahahah the possibilities are endless!

7. That all being said, I'm sort of disappointed that you completely ignored some of the more down to earth and good intentioned advice you were given in this thread in favor of what essentially amounts to "a bunch of cool stuff."

But its your free money to waste, do what the fuck you want with it.

8. More down to Earth and good intentioned advice... such as?

Basically I gave you the list I had when I first found out I was getting the money, make of it what you will.

9. Damn bro...$8000 back from the school, thats awesome. I'm getting $1200 back and I thought I was lucky, damn. Well, free college education, can't complain right? And we're actually getting paid to go to school...:smoke:

10. Trip to Amsterdam would be awesome. Stocking up on bud isn't bad either.

If you must, get a PS3, HDTV, surround sound.

But setting it aside is your best bet. Invest it, save it, just don't blow it all...

11. Spend some of it then save like $4,000 of it so when your old you can have a nice ferrari like my grandpa :)

12. Such as...

Of course, if you intended on saving a huge portion if it anyway, then its all good. What I said about your options that you'd posted above still applies.

Plus, just to go back to my idea... giving some of it away would be a nice thing for you to do.

Maybe the best thing you can do with that money is put it all away (savings/invest/bonds/whatever) and pretend you never got a cent. If you take a grand off the top, that should give you more than enough money to spend on something and feel good about it, but be careful of spending it on "cool shit" because cool shit gets old.

If I had $1,000 to spend (putting $7,000 in savings), I'd buy;

• a new piece of glass, no more than $50 to $80 value, and only if i found something really worth buying - i say this because all the good glass i had has been broken or confiscated recently
    • a quarter or a half of some decent mids to offset the weed i would otherwise normally be buying. i'd treat this weed as if it could run out any second, too, so that i don't blow through it in a few weeks.
    • id probably invest $150 or so in some good herbs (mint, lavender, basil, valerian, etc..) and vegetable plants as well as the pots and soil to put them in.
    • i might also invest a little in some good indoor lighting so that i can continue to grow my veggies and herbs in the winter.
    • i'd buy a guitar delay pedal for my friend because he's got the need for one but he doesn't have the cash.
    • i'd take the rest and stock up on food for the house.
    • actually, i might also buy a couple of good informative (non fiction) books - obviously you would buy whatever interested you most...

13. Give it to me:D

14. This is easy.
    Put $4000 into savings/stocks.
    Use the other $4000 for amsterdam trip/ weed / suit / etc
    A "win, win situation"

15. Hahahaha quit being a dick.:wave:

16. I wouldn't disagree that "cool shit" can get old quickly, however my lack of things to do(seriously, it's pretty bad) means that if I went and bought a 360 I wouldn't regret it. Still that being said I think I've figured out how I'm gonna do this somewhat....

I'm gonna buy a new guitar and a pound of high mids for certain. That'll cost me roughly 1400$ max, leaving me with 6600$.

I plan on putting 4,000$ away out of that to not touch AT ALL. This still leaves me with 2600$, and would allow me to take one of the trips if I should want to, or buy something else with it, or not. I figure this way I'm saving a decent sized amount(minimum of half) but it still allows me to squander some of it on useless shit that I don't need. As far as giving away the money, shit, I might just hold a raffle on the city....