GC What Is Your Opinion On Tim Tebow?!?!

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by LowEyesBigSmile, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Well he definately sucks but what I mean is that the media praises what little he can do, and what little he has accomplished. You can't watch a segment of sportscenter without 20 minutes of damn praise-Tebow-time

2. #42 angusbeef, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    Have watched most every bronco game since Tim Tebow started playing.

Will be honest with ya'll. When my friend Joe from Florida started yappin tebow this tebow that, even before Orton went down.. I didn't buy into it. He was absolutely sold, helped build the new Florida stadium and met Tebow...tebow gave him a game used helmet...think maybe even the bowl, idk, but w/e. So naturally, he saw all his college games.

Tim Tebow has worn on me. He is everything my buddy juiced me up for. Role model,clutch, "jesus" , this that aside, the guy is a winner! I've watched him win with his legs, with his arm... the broncos defense has kept em in it and this guy finds a way to win the game in the 4th quarter.

And as a christian myself, gotta love the t-bow.

haha

oh, and ps, Tim Tebow > Newton IMO!

I know its a bold opinion, opposing a guy that's gonna set all the rookie QB records.. but that don't mean jack if your team is losing.

Tim Tebow doesn't turn the ball over very often. Very, un-rookie-like :p

3. Now, while Tebow is having a great year, he has a bunch of talent around him as well, while Cam Newton is about the only weapon Carolina has, so to compare the two is apples and oranges....

Besides, this is Tebow's second year, not rookie year

4. Do you watch any of his press conferences? He doesn't sit there with a bible in his hand and read off scripture. All he does is talk about his teammates.

Tebow is going to improve. He's already improved his footwork, his decision making, and his throwing over the past 6 weeks. It'll be awesome to see what he does with a full offseason under his belt.

5. Cam Newton does have Steve Smith and a couple of decent running backs around him. While Tebow has rookie receivers and the second youngest line in the NFL.

Yeah, this is Tebow's second year, but only his 11th start. Let's not forget that there was barely any offseason, and that's where one improves a lot.

6. Who the heck would u consider Tim Tebow's weapon?

Willis McGahee? haha

Come on... NFL is simple, just like my previous post said, the defense keeps em in it, tebow finds a way to score in the 4th, and he doesn't turn the ball over.. that is a recipe for success.

7. Strictly as a player, you just have to wonder how long he can keep running like that.

How long does the average NFL running back last before they decline, get old, or get injured? They usually have only 3 years of being in their prime before they fall off. Why would Tebow be able to last any longer? He's an athletic beast but the human body can only take so much punishment.

Tebow will have to get better at throwing. We all know he's not a great passer, and maybe he never will be. He's probably been trying to improve his passing for damn near a decade. If he doesn't become at least an average passer, I don't think he can last very long if he's still running as much as he does.

On the other side, I really hate that anytime you turn on ESPN or Versus/NBC's NFL show or any pregame show, it's all about Tim Tebow. But that's not his fault. That's on the sports media. He's always crediting everyone else on the team but the media focuses only on him, not the O-line, special teams or defense who all have been playing incredibly well. Von Miller, Dumervil & Prater have been great this year.

Yeah it's corny as hell, but he really is a good role model. We're not going to hear about him getting arrested for acting a fool at the club. He's not going to get drunk and crash his car into anybody. Tim Tebow isn't going to get accused of domestic violence. He's not getting busted on gun charges. He's just a decent dude works hard and who is way, way into Jesus. Maybe I'm wrong and tomorrow he'll get arrested for rape or something and we'll all find out that he really was a scumbag all along. But I doubt it.

</tebowessay>

8. Well no shit I didn't say that he carried a Bible around but he brings it up way too much for my liking and i've heard a TON of other people say the same thing.

He better be praying this week because he's actually facing a real QB. His D can't win this game for him. Playing 1 out of 4 quarters isn't going to cut it against the pats :laughing:

I'm still not a believer. If people can figure out how to stop Michael Vick within a few years then people will have no problem figuring out how to defend a fullback that plays qb

9. Well good thing he doesn't give a shit what people think. He shouldn't care what people say about his faith, and he doesn't. Is it any different than how Reggie White used to act? Most players are devoted Christians.

Yeah, because I'm sure the scary Patriots defense will be impossible to score on.

It's going to be a shoot out and it's not like hasn't put up over 30 points before.

Can't wait.

10. #50 angusbeef, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
  11. Aaaaand just as I predicted, against a good team, he crumbles under pressure

12. Aren't we all glad you enlightened us :rolleyes:...he had nothin to be ashamed of the pats are a good ass team and everyone knows that..for a second year quarterback he has nothing to be ashamed of this season

13. He's not the quarterback of the future in Denver, and as soon as Elway gets a chance at a legitimate pro QB, he'll grab him up. Tebow is okay for the now, but with such a short playbook, his success will not continue in the NFL

14. He's the reason I kind of like broncos now

15. A lot of players are Christian's, but you don't hear them spouting off about it every time the mic is in their face :rolleyes:

Yeah the Pats D is absolutely horrible. One of the WORST defenses in NFL history. Tebow still had a mediocre performance

He isn't a top 5 qb. He's not a top 10 qb. He's getting better, i'll give him that but he'll never be a star at the position. There's a reason you never see veteran QB's that rely on running the ball, they get injured too quickly.

16. I disagree, but I'm not saying he WILL be a star. He has definitely improved over a short period of time and the dude works his ass off. I think there is a chance we could still be talking about Tebow in 5 years.

Very few QB's make it in the NFL, so it wouldn't be some big shock if he didn't. The odds are against him and every other QB hoping to earn AND keep a starting job in the NFL.

17. Team wins also mean team loses. This game was decided because of three turnovers, not because he crumbled.

The shortened playbook gets expanded every game. After a full off season and work with Elway that playbook will open up all the way.

So because he says two things about god during every interview he is in your face about it? It's not like he saying "convert now!"

All I said was it's not impossible to score on them. They are a bend not break defense, but you and I both saw what happened in that first quarter. Then three fumbles in nine plays in the second quarter turned the game on its head. Broncos have to play catch up and go away from their game, which is to run the ball.

No one said he is a top 10 QB. He's never going to be a Brees or a Rodgers, but if you build a good defense (part way there) and get a great running back (still got to find a long term solution) then you can win with Tebow. He'll keep improving his passing, which adds to his running game, and then your defense has to account for both. Can he stay healthy? He's a huge dude, so maybe he can handle it better than Vick. We'll see.

18. Tebow > Brady! Tim Tebow put up 16 points in the first half against the Patriots who may have the best defense in NFL history.

Tebow is on pace to set the NFL record for completion percentage with 48.6%! Seriously, how can any human being complete passes at such an amazing rate?!

I am pretty sure his 11 TD passes leads the league... well on his way to breaking Tom Brady's single season record.

He may also break Marino's passing yardage record... 1484 yards! Aaron Rodgers could never dream of throwing for that many yards.

Tim Tebow could be the second coming of Christ. How else could you explain his divine skills?

There'e no point talking about anyone else. Tebow is already the GOAT! Fuck Manning.

19. Yo, at first I was like, wtf is this guy smoking? And then I was like, oh damn, I just got trolled.

Hilarious, and well played, sir. +reps

20. Hey, I came on to GC, I clicked on my account, looked at the threads...

Just as predicted, knew some jack ass would be on here rippin Tim Tebow for the Denver Bronco's losing to the New England Patriots.

Did you watch the game?

Tag your it.

PS. IDK even know what to say for smart ass perpetual burn, you got me aleady.