GC What Is Your Opinion On Tim Tebow?!?!

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by LowEyesBigSmile, Dec 8, 2011.

1. I really started to feel bad for him towards then end of that game though.

2. GOOO BRONCOS! idgaf..it was obvious Patriots were a better team than them.

3. Can't blame anything but the passing game on Tebow though IMO. Pats were stopping the run like mofos.

4. I felt bad for him, too.

Seems like a great guy and I hope he has a decent career, just not against the Patriots.

The Broncos made it to the playoffs and beat the Steelers when nobody expected it, so their season was far from a failure.

But you can't expect to go much further when you only complete 9 passes. He has to be a better passing QB to hang in there against offenses like New England; running it all the time eats up too much time when you fall behind by one or two touchdowns early on.

5. lol at "the worst pass defense in nfl history." did you hear that on sports center or something you noob?

6. Say what you want about Tebow...he went further than anybody gave him credit to. Further than people with WAY more talent.

Power of faith>>>

7. #187 angusbeef, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
    Did we watch the same game with how many dropped passes, QB knock downs, and sacks...?

Sure, Tim Tebow a "first year" QB missed a few throws and will undoubtedly be the mass opinion scapegoat for why they looked so poor. Aside from the obvious, "NE is the holy grail of the NFL" comments.

8. Why is everyone saying that Tebow made it further than what anyone expected?

What about Alex Smith?

9. The denver broncos started this year 1-4??

10. #190 angusbeef, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
    You're absolutely right though.
    Alex smith has had 7 different offensive coordinators in his 7 seasons.
    They finally have a good coach in Harbaugh. Offensive mastermind.
    But I think tebow had a lot less going for him his year.

If we must compare the two QB in their situations...

Tim tebow 1st playing year, Alex Smith 7 years pro with his team

Denver broncos team- no one expected them to do anything, especially after this 1-4 start and have to completely reconstruct the offense mid season without a training camp.
    San Francisco team- they and the lions hot starts were two of the big surprises the first months of the season. The niners were know to pocess a running game with one the the leagues feature backs Gore and Vernon Davis one of the most athletics TE in the game. Everyone knew that, I think SF fans most certainly had higher realistic expectations than Denver fans going into an first months of season.

Denver Broncos Personnel A Buffalo "reject" running back capable of mediocre 100 yard games. D. Thomas a 2nd year WR, missed his first, finally healthy ready to play.. Champ bailey the end of career veteran and a and von miller the hot tempered rookie phenom LB.

San Francisco treat

Micheal Crab tree- coming into his own, see how many he drops next week lol.
    Vernon Davis- stud
    A QB that has already proven to compete in the NFL, just ready to make that leap.. may have finally found that with harbaugh coaching.
    Frank Gore, widely considered a upper class running back. Love the draft pick Kendall Hunter too.
    Crabtree peaking the right time of the season, alot of hype/ speculation around him.

We all know the story of the guys lined up behind Justin Smith.. epic.

San Francisco is a team not so far fetched to have a "surprise run" like this...every year in the NFL a team or two will turn the corner :). You'd have been a rich man if ya put a couple hunred bucks on Denver Broncos making the play offs on week 6 of the NFL Season.

I like tim tebow as a player, could give to hoots what team he was on big.
    Not exactly a niners fan but i've really enjoyed watcha ya'll this season especially that sea hawks game until Tavaris Jackson and Pete Caroll decide to choke it on the last drive to go for a better draft pick.

Paul Allen will want the seahawks to take the best jersey seller.

excuse this ramble, jsut got my ass kicked by these lil yellow pills but was determined to finish these thoughts lol

Love talking NFL

11. #191 Luvs2splooj, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
    Again, people are looking too broadly and not at the circumstances.

People didn't expect them in the playoffs because they started 1-4? Look at those 4 losses:
    Raiders, that game was close, it was tied until Janikowski pulled off a 63 yard field goal for the win.
    The Titans, a 9-7 team who lost out on the playoffs to the Texans by a game.
    The Packers, nuff said.
    And the Chargers, a team with the same record as Denver. And I think that was the first game they put Tebow in.
    And they beat the Bengals who havnt won in Denver since 1975.

Then look at all the wins. The only respectable win was the Chargers really, we all now how fluked the Bears game was(not to mention the Bear's injuries).

Point is, who knows if they would of been any worse sticking with Kyle Orton?
    Tebow didn't turn anything around, he inherited the easier part of the schedule.

12. That's another good QB story, Andy Dalton and the Bengals.

13. This is a very disillusioned statement, you might find some backing from the christians haters on this board but get real, anyone true to the game recognizes.