GC PLEASE HELP ME?!?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jaybeezy35, Aug 29, 2017.

1. I have two plants 2nd time trying to grow my first was a male. Everything that's been done to one plant has been done to the other. The one is weak barely any leaves and droopy it's whole 5 weeks it's been alive [​IMG]
    As you can see they're both small for 5 weeks which I'm confused about seeing ppl post pictures saying 4weeks and their plant is a monster. Any input would be highly appreciated. I'm using a 150watt HPS plain 6.5 pH water I fed the flourishing one twice with grow big and since the other looked so unhappy I decided I'd be waiting for nutes until it's looks decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Were the seeds from a certified seed bank?

3. Your humidity should be 50%-70% in veg...

4. What kind of soil?

5. No so it could just be genetics right? I got both seeds from dispensary flower and being new I didn't want to spend money on plants that I may kill lol

6. Fox farms ocean forest and happy frog 50/50 its very hard to keep humidity up I live in Colorado and it's very dry here

7. Unable to afford a humidifier any suggestions as to what I can do to bring it up?

8. Yea it may just be bad genetics..i don't see any toxicities or deficiencies...temps are good...only other thing i can think of that would slow your growth is humidity being too low..

9. I just put a large bowl or bucket of water in my tent and let my fan blow over it

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ok awesome thanks for responding! And thanks for the tips I'll be trying to bring the humidity up

11. Just water twice a week with no nutes. That soil will sustain the plant until it is two feet tall (or more). Over feeding and over watering is a common cause for slow growth. Under fed plants will grow a lot faster than over fed.

The more light you add, the more growth you will get. Lower the lamp or better yet get a 400 watt ballast/bulb.

Question: Who certifies seed banks?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I really think the plants are having watering issues... it's really best to record the dry weight of the pots right after transplant before watering them so you have a reference to go off of... for example I know when my solo cup of happy frog and perlite mix is 85-90g's or so it's time to rewater... of course that's going to change some as the plant grows but by then you should have a good idea of when to water regardless. But maybe it's not overwatering and I'm wrong who knows. Just because the top layer of the soils dry doesn't mean the bottoms not soaking wet still so just be sure they are truly dry.

13. #15 Buzzer777, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Also hang a towel half way in and it will wick the water out fast with the fan blowing over it and the pail!;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hmm I feel like I tackled that issue with my first plant I'm not saying I'm an expert lol clearly I'm not but I'm confident I got the watering down pretty good. today I woke up and the decent lookin plant was droopy I watered and it perked up within the last hour or two. But weighing them isn't a bad idea. I usually just pick up the pot right after watering and before watering they're usually noticeably lighter. I had hella watering issues with the first it didn't dry out for a week.....I learned plus by reading topics here on GC I've gained tons of useful info. I let it fully dry out between waterings since it's a fabric pot I just kinda feel the pot around and usually dirt will poof out lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yes a 400w HPS cool tube is in my future I've been researching which to get any suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Then it's buying seeds lol any good Seed bank suggestions?