GC members and divorce

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by newbgrow, Dec 10, 2009.

1. I've been forced to do some school related research on divorce trends and whatnot lately. Although this doesn't peak my interest, current drug users from divorced families does.

I'm going to assume a good majority of people on grasscity are drug users of some kind. My question is, how many of you come from a divorced family?

Also, do you feel that divorce has played a significant role in your current drug use.

2. should delete thread and make a new one with a poll. I come from a family with both parents.

3. ooh yeah poll,poll

4. Yeah, this really should have been a poll...

My parents split when i was 10, didn't really bother me. My home was way more broken than that, though, abuse and shit. It was pretty rough.

I doubt my drug use has anything to do with it, I tend to only use on the weekends now, and it's almost always for spiritual or mind-expanding reasons, I don't go and get 'fucked up' to forget my problems.

5. My parent's also got a divorce when I was 10 and at the time I didn't see it as affecting me much. My dad was a dick.

Thanks for everyone's opinions on a poll but I prefer it this way. With a poll a bunch of people would come in with little thought, drop a vote and book. Besides, I'm also asking how each of you think it has effected your drug use.

6. okay no poll. but i came from a great home, parents still together, and i am a confessed chemical sewer. i think the stable background helped me have a realistic view of drugs and their place in my life.

7. My parents are still together - 35? years.

My whole family is a bunch of stoners - so I suppose that had something to do with me being a stoner:p

8. My parents divorced when I was five.

I blame my current drug use on natural human curiosity.

9. My Parents were never married when i was born. I'm a little bastard. My father split out of the picture indefinately when i was 3. My mother worked 2 or 3 jobs at a time to give me a good childhood, and it really was. I guess i was pretty advantaged in my life.

That void though, damn. I have been high since i was 15..pretty hard too. My mother would try as she would, but i never had a father figure growing up, which yeah i guess led to much self medicating. Ehh id go on but i think thats what your wanting to hear. good luck fillin those pages out

10. #10 newbgrow, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2009
    I've always though of divorce as at least giving you a slight lean towards many things unacceptable. I see divorce as kind of already making you feel unacceptable in the social eye. Then again with divorce rates at 50% what the hell does that even mean.

Do any of you guys believe that there is a disadvantage that a single parent has over two parents, in regards to monitoring/raising a child properly? I certainly did. With only a mother, and not receiving crap for cash from the father, it was impossible for her to be around most of the time. This gave me plenty of time to get fucked up and dick around. No blame to her, I made my own choices.

11. Even with my father contributing his court ordered child support for three children, we barely got by. It had an emotional toll on all of us, fatherless and experiencing life without the "nuclear" family was quite different.

12. That's a good point. The court ordered pay is bullshit worth 'o cash. I know my father had almost no money to claim, but the court ordered he pay 50 bucks a fuckin month for two kids. What kind of law does that?

13. Lol I am down for a poll lol.

14. No polls, tolls, or holes in this discussion please :D

15. parents are still together

16. Nope, my parents are basically the farthest thing from divorced. I fortunately haven't had too many traumatizing experiences in my life like that.