GC Legalization Movement (GCLM)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by SuicidalSoldier, May 23, 2006.

1. still waiting lol
    its cool though im just idling to keep the channel at bay. have finished coding the voting booth in my bot though
    :smoke:
    all are welcome!! :D

2. You should reschedule it to 7 hours from now (8pm GMT). We will get a better showing. I'll connect to it right now.

3. oh, by GMT i mean Greenwich Mean Time.
    Though, if this has been an unwise choice of time then tonight will merely be an arranging of a better time for tomorrow or something :smoke:

4. ok well i gotta go now, so post here when would be a decent time for tomorrow to have this meeting.
    will check back tomorow when im up.
    laterz guys.

5. hey just got here, I guess alot of people didn't notice it was moved:( Oh and i found this in someones sig

'Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man.'

6. Alright... now we have all the quotes we wanted in their correct form available. I don't use IRC so I won't be in the chat. You should post a copy of the notes/chat in the thread though. Or atleast the conclusions.

I personally think the flyer looks really good and wouldn't want to change it at all.

7. i think a cut-down of info and a site to link it to would be handy :)
    ok..well the irc was more just to vote on certain things to get this shit organised..i even made a voting script and all :(
    ok well if as many people can log on at some point and just hang around till its full (or until there are at least a few people in) then we can vote some things over.

8. Shit man I lost this thread when it got moved... sorry guys ahh

I'll make to sure to keep an eye on it though cause I still really want to do this...

9. i would defently print that up i am all for it

10. ok well seein as the IRC meeting idea was kinda...lost..can everyone now post their suggestions and ideas so we can get a vote going.
    + Movement name
    + Flyer changes
    + Etc

11. i would print some up and pass em around....

12. How about...

Chronic For All!

13. Just found this thread, and I would like to say good work so far guys! I too would like to contribute my skills (graphics), if someone can get me what you want to be said I would surely be able to cook up something fancy yet professional...

Here's a rough draft of something I was playing around with...

[​IMG]

14. that is so kickass +rep gfx skillz
    keep the ideas coming so we can start voting

15. oh, and im STILL in the IRC
    irc.freedomirc.com : 6667
    #mjlegal
    if anyone wishes to come for a chat or to talk about the movement
    feel free :smoke:
    :D

16. I wish I could get into the IRC chat channel... but alas I'm bound to AIM. Although, I could probably hit up some MSN too. Whatever more people have.

Aside from that... as for ideas. Personally I think the best ones are the ones that are "familiar" to someone. Say you take a popular slogan in marketing today or a well known quote from history and modify it to relate to our cause and use it as a battle ram of pro-MJ propaganda people will react better to it because it's not "foreign" but rather friendly and familiar feeling. Like a close friend or family member...

Does that make sense?

17. yeah that makes sense.
    couldnt u just download mIRC or telnet into IRC?
    im still on it jus now.
    my msn is suicidal_mosh@hotmail.com
    we need to get some of this shit passed so we can move on :D
    if you guys could hook up some free hosting we can start the site even just a lil so we can get the flyer done too.

18. AIM chat is prdferable for me too, but I can hook up some MSN.

19. im just bumping this thread back to life so maybe we can have more ideas/criticism?
    didnt go anywhere before, setting up hosting jus now and messing around with the flier. was thinking n having multiple different flyers on the site for free download :)

20. doesn't have to be gc does it? just a bunch of people. if we just start getting the word out. make it more known. do something. get people talking.