GC Legalization Movement (GCLM)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by SuicidalSoldier, May 23, 2006.

1. and the less poop you step in.

2. An attention getting of some-sort? Yes - this should be the first sentence of the whole paper. Anybody wanna give it a go?

3. Here's mine, I think I saw it in someone's sig...

"Cannabis is one of the safest therapeutical substances known to Man."

I think it's alright, there's probably something better. But maybe we'll start a poll for that too.

As for format, the template is DAMN good... and then the sentence starter a little bit bigger and then maybe 3-5 sentences total. And then the link big on the bottom.

What choo guyz thinkk?>

4. I'm willing to help however I can...

I'm good at writing and organizing things, so I could help get all the bases covered for something along the lines of a website (i.e. culture, use, history, etc...)

And for the "attention getter", I saw in somebody's sig something about people are supposed to follow good laws, but break the petty meaningless ones. Of course, it was way way better worded and the like... if i come across it, I'll edit this..

5. I know what your talking about. "It is a citizen's duty to obey laws, but it is also a citizens to duty to dis-obey unjust ones." - Martin Luther King JR. Not worded entirely correct, but it was very similar. Im also down with using this, because it is said by someone everyone knows and trusts.

6. Ahhh yes that was much much closer haha thanks

7. Mhm... that's a good one too. Ultimately I think we should get like 5 or so and put them up for vote.

I wish I could remember exactly how that quote went... but I can't. So fuck.

We're doing pretty good right now, we have a:

Graphics Designer
    Coder
    Writer/Organizer
    Financer
    National Support

... yeah. That's how we roll.

8. Found the quote we're looking for directly from his speech:

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all""

9. wewt!! good work! haha sick thread :)

10. How about that... nice and big to take up the bulk of the "body" and then the URL underneath?

11. WOW! I'm really proud of you guys. I'm sorry that you can't use Grasscity's name but you all are doing just fine without it. When I had a lot more time on my hands, I made fliers and passed them out everywhere. You'd be amazed at how many people really do pay attention to them. Of course, they don't change the minds of everyone but at least they make people think and people that think are better than those that don't.

Keep working on the ideas!

(I'm moving this to the proper forum but I think this thread has a pretty good following so it should be fine in the Legalization forum!)

:)

12. Thats actually a really good idea ^

13. cb you guys, check my sig, that quotes been on there for about a month

14. Wow guys alot accomplished in one day acually! Id definatly be down to help you out, and would be willing to pass out fliers in the Bay Area. We need to set a day where we all go out and hand them out. I like the layout, but it doesnt quite have that professional look we are going for. We should post up fliers on lamposts and places, and ALSO pass out fliers. We should have a catchy title, then organization name, and then under that in bold a catchy, informative, and really good quote that gets the point across quickly yet effectivly with alot of information. Under that, we should have all the extra info for those who acually decide to read on. Did you contact Norml yet?

If we acually stay on this, and have ALOT of support throughout country or world for that matter, this could be big and effective. The more news we make, the better (as long as no one is dumb about it). If you guys are going to have a chat room, let me know as I want to contribute.

We need to start getting really organized at this point from goign on though. We should appoint tasks to GROUPS of people 5-6 people each or however many, who work together and compare, meet nightly or weekly by themselves. Then every 5 nights or so everyone meets up. Then the big day comes and we start handing the flyers out. We should hand them out in the busiest areas too (obviously). Ya so thats my 2 cents for now, but ill be back later.

-Circuit

15. ill do shit man i smoke marijuana too man

16. haha no freaking way

17. my my...ok well first of all thanks to all the support, ideas, constructive criticism, etc..
    uhm...i didnt use photoshop :p used publisher :)
    ok well...is evryone down with IRC?
    server: irc.freedomirc.net
    port: 6667
    channel: #mjlegal
    i have taken the liberty of registering this channel, i will hang around tonight after about 7PM GMT in hope that everyone can make it at some point. As someone said, missions know no time and neither do i. ill start setting up a bot for easier voting, etc.
    if everyone who is interested in helping this movement could attend for as long as possible so as to make sure we can fit everyone's votes in, then i (and probably everyone else) would greatly appreciate it.
    once again, thanks for all the support!!
    :smoke:

18. Ill make sure to stop by the IRC channel

19. the irc is online just now and ive programmed a little mirc code for a voting system.
    use !time to check the time. ill be online at 7PM GMT.
    (!time will give the time from my perspective, so that everyone can see the correct time.) i will delay all voting until everyone is there to discuss.
    only rules are no flooding and no blabbering on, keep your messages short and sweet so we can keep the channel organised. you will be automatically voiced on entry but i will devoice anyone who is causing problems, message them, then revoice them. repeat offenders causing problems for the organisation of the channel will be devoiced completely.
    i know it seems a little harsh but i want this meeting to be productive :)
    all are welcome :) even just as observers :smoke:
    see yall at 7 i hope

20. well its past 7PM here now. im waiting on yall showing up.
    if you dont know how to use irc then download mIRC - www.mirc.com
    then connect to FreedomIRC as the server
    channel is #mjlegal
    hope yall turn up tonight, ill stay on as late as i can.
    :smoke: