GC Legalization Movement (GCLM)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by SuicidalSoldier, May 23, 2006.

1. I could possibly get a domain, who should we register all the crap to anyway? We need a leader *callnotit* haha

2. Yeah, we have to pick the name (as well as the mission statement) VERY FUCKING carefully. That is the image we create, and if the name is even a little bit off none of it will be taken seriously. As for your coding skills, SS has that covered. Like I mentioned, Image is very important, therefore your photo shop skills are key to create a good looking site. Obviously SS's PS skillz aren't too shody either judging merely by his sick flyer.

Yeah, I'm trembling like a little boy on easter morning ready to find some chocolate as well. I don't think NORML will be down with us, too much. NORML is very "professional". All that means is that they get all political on that shit and from what I've seen aren't necessarily the friendliest towards organizations such as ours because they consier them to tarnish the image of the MJ movement. They are of course necessary but I believe an organization that is a little more... forceful, and interacts w/ the people is 100% necessary. Don't be surprised if NORML rejects you like the last boy to be picked in a pick-up game of basketball during lunch.

I personally don't dig UWMU much... MLM is a little bit, but still not quite perfect. We should hit up an AIM chat room for a nice brain storming session tomorrow.

Totally didn't realize you're in Scottland either, my bad.

Either way... I'm gonna peace... for like, 2 minutes. I'm a forum addict. Fuck.

3. We can figure out details like that in a chat room tomorrow. Private... exclusive... VIP chat room. That way we can feel special and cool. It might get a little late for SS but eh... we're on a mission. And missions know no time...

4. ill be very impressed if yall actually go through with this.

5. I knoooow your kind scooby... always schemeing and shalemigating and fatlimarring against those poor marijuana smokers. And what if i'm making up words... maybe you hate me for that too. But ultimately... it's because i'm black isn't it?

Hehe, I'm just playin' man. It'll be amazing if we get this show on the road. Not saying that we can't but it'll be quite the achievment. I'm pretty determined for this to go through though, we need the support of the forum. Even if it's just a "cool idea duuude...".

6. Well I have to do some work after dinner but im free for a good 2 hours now..

7. haha. but yea dude, i support your efforts completely man. good luck.

and yes, its cuz youre black :p

8. I think it should be more than just that. We need to make a really catchy attention getter so we can "flood" them with the real info. This is my view on my medinical marijuana; used this to convince some non-believers.

If you consider the world-wide view of how to deal with injuries (physical and psychological), most everyone will agree. Medicines are what help us heal. Now, if you think about it, what are medicines? A chemical extracted into a pill form, correct? I can say from honest experience, (I have slight clinical despression and anxiety) marjiuana has helped me just as good as any perscription available. How is this possible? Well, in marjiuana, there are chemicals. Since EVERY medicine available comes from a common, naturally-occuring source (just like marijuana) why can't this be a world-wide medicine? To back this up, look at other perscriptions. Every single one I can think of is over-dosable. Marijuana, however, is not.

My fingers are getting tired, but that's the basics of my viewpoints. If you decide to use this, someone help me out on 2 things before it's posted.

1.) Im more of a speaker than a writer - I'm sure theres structure errors commonplace.
    2.) Somehow, FACTUALLY link this to recreational use. (I some-what started by stating it's toxcity).

9. I think when you mention the 5 british cases, only to mention they are false, you might as well say there have never been any deaths directly related to cannabis. Also where you say this is the equivalent of a 70kg person swallowing 70g of weed etc... I was under the impression that this figure was much higher, a ratio of 40,000 to 1 as opposed to 5000 to onealso people know that cannabis isn't just swallowed, so unless you want to say smoked... maybe ingested?

10. First off, Holy SHIT this is fucking sweet, I would definitely put fliers everywhere. I think what motion said above is just about right. "Flood" them with info. That info and more like it is what people will listen to, not just LEGALIZE IT, but provide real info that they can relate to. Great stuff people.:smoking:

11. But! I think it's harder for non-smokers to cope with the fact that weed, in reality, doesn't actually kill people. Which is understandable, because most drugs have a lot higher toxcity rate than weed. He uses the british as an example of how mis-understood things really are.

12. they are talkin about adding more info..but on a website instead of making an unorganized cluttered flier...also i know a little about codes and stuff and my brother knows some stuff as well so i am willing to help out in any way possible

13. When I said flood, I ment more of a flowing 5 (?) paragraph discription. Since it will be in correct english and MLA format, it should flow like a magazine artical.

14. medicine can also be a liquid/gas.

15. I understand the intention, but it gives the impression that the vomiting was indeed caused by the marijuana. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe many of those deaths by suffocation from the vomit had the possibility of alcohol involvement. Please I dnt mean to be nitpicking, I'm with all of you on this, just approaching it from a PR kinda view. I feel that most of the public knows that you can't OD on marijuana, and the fact with a good citation would be enough.

Just my 2 cents trying to shape it up, keep tokin

16. Oh fo sho - I'm sure we are all loving an educated input. You sound too apologetic sometimes. I agree that we need to analyze that situation more.

Which are chemicals. Medicine is also a smoke, too. :smoke:

17. Yeah, I dunno, I find the softer I tread, the better my message is recieved :)

18. True that. I thought you were indeed sorry for stating your input. I'm like :confused:.

19. Alright so lets get to a conclusion.

20. There's something that's being forgotten:

The average day Joe is well... I know it's harsh, but he's an idiot. Five paragraph's that he has no reason to read, well, they'll never be read.

One STRONG mission statement that makes sense logically to anyone w/o too many numbers/facts will catch their eye and force them to think for a second. This gives us the chance to spark interest in their little minds...

This alone is enough to change their public view again marijuana. Most people don't have strong views against it... they're just like "Drugs are bad mkaaay"

Anyone who has a more complicated mind than that will branch off there and hit up the web site (URL has to be nice n big) and the big numbers and friendly site format will convince them.

That attacks the two different groups that make up maybe 80% to 90% of the voting population.

I hope that all made sense, because it's very important. In theory we're creating propaganda. We have to get into people's minds. You may say: That makes us no better than the government, but the difference is here...

The government uses these methods to spread lies... this is all we have left to reverse the damage that's been done. And believe me... the damage is severe.