GC Legalization Movement (GCLM)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by SuicidalSoldier, May 23, 2006.

1. Dude, if you do this and do it right i promise that i will print out and cover LA with 'em.

2. It's a flier, it needs to be able to be read in just a few short seconds, already what you have there for a template will cut immensely into the amount of time average joe actually reads it. My suggestion, make a very plain layout, and have a url at the bottom, and someone might be able to make a professoinal looking website. Basically something you could educate everyone with. Because there is too much informaiton to put on a flier that would be effective. So, simplify it more.

3. I'd suggest putting a works cited of some-sort (a website link, etc). I wouldn't believe something that isn't backed up with evidence. If I were a non-smoker reading it, I would just think it was a lie to get it legalized.

EDIT: And try to make it as grammatically correct as possible. As soon as they see the first fuck-up, I'd guarentee they would just consider it false.

4. Really good idea i would deffently hand out some of those bad boys.

5. yeah, i agree with the grammar part and im thinkin of settin up a site.

i dont think that theres such a thing as too much info, but yeah it should be simple yet appeal to those who want to read more without having to drive home and check out a site..the average joe could just skim it and see the web address and ignore the rest and visit the site and see lots of info.
    heres what iv done:
    [​IMG]

6. im likin the way that looks man..like everyone said a website is definatly needed to show more information, but i will definatly hand that out

7. Man, good idea (obvious ideas seeing how they aren't your ideas) many people already know handing out flyers is a good idea to get people to recognize your goal

Someone else already said it man, NORML, it is a group already heavily involved (not sticking shit on buses) in legalization. It's what they are about actually. A few people handing out flyers with little tid bits is not going to do shit compared to the influence Norml has, if you really want to take this thing seriously you can go to NORML's site and get a local chapter going and actually get some quality handouts that have a lot more than little facts.

8. I would make it slightly less flashy, more serious.

9. define how i can make it "less flashy" ?
    dunno..just thought that would look good..
    and ill say this again..
    its not about getting things changed..well..it is..but its mostly about showing the public that we are ready and willing to put time in effort into our cause, wont that show how dedicated we are? maybe so much that they themselves will look a little deeper into the subject?
    thx for the constructive criticism, ideas and even just the posts that are racking up :D
    keep em coming folks! :smoke:

10. This sounds like a great idea! Maybe make a few different ones cause, like someone already said, you should be able to read it in like a few seconds and theres way to much info to put on one flyer.

11. AHHHH!!! Mother fucker that shit is sick!

That font is so badass. I won't even lie. Everything's OK so far EXCEPT for main content. Like the lay-out and everything is flashy enough to get everybody's attention and not too flashy to look gay. I don't quite get the "U.K and U.S.A." thing.

Content:

In the very middle it should just have 2-3 sentences that summarize our "mission statement" then at the bottom there needs to be a link to a site (possibly built by a GC member) that has all the information compiled.

Another idea for the main information is to have a link to www.NORML.com and have a note at the bottom saying that: "This flyer is not endorsed by NORML or any of its associates" for legal issues of course.

YET ANOTHER idea for content would be to jack this and make it cover the entire content section of the page with:

Marijuana prohibition needlessly destroys the lives and careers of literally hundreds of thousands of good, hard-working, productive citizens each year in this country. More than 700,000 Americans were arrested on marijuana charges last year, and more than 5 million Americans have been arrested for marijuana offenses in the past decade. Almost 90 percent of these arrests are for simple possession, not trafficking or sale. This is a misapplication of the criminal sanction that invites government into areas of our private lives that are inappropriate and wastes valuable law enforcement resources that should be focused on serious and violent crime.

I think that this is a pretty good mission statement, but if someone can throw down a better one... well, go ahead.

You guys need to think about how powerful this could be. We have members on this board that LOVE MJ already allllll over the U.S., in every state, every major city and many many smaller ones.

If even half the active members on this forum each spent a couple hours printing out flyers and posting them around their town strategically, well, that will touch literally MILLIONS of people in the U.S.

I personally have never seen a flyer promoting legalization and wouldn't be surprised if no one has ever done anything this big in the U.S. before.

12. I'd hand those out all over my town.

13. Im in, if we all do this we migth be able to make local news on a small scale. And guys, I find that the problem is everyone thinks "Its a gateway drug" and also; you can't just say LEGALIZE IT, you need to say how to go about doing that, IE vote for the right person.

14. If we make a site we need payed hosting. Like a .COM address. Also make it so it works with all countries or at least most of them, I can make a proffessional looking site if someone can get me some hosting.

15. I don't know how effective handing out flyers is. People almost NEVER like taking flyers.

I'd say either put them up and/or put them on windshields. It's a lot more efficient. Unless of course you live in a place tha thas the kind of people that aren't assholes. And, well, that's nice :)

Each situation is unique, but in general.

I'll probably put up a couple hundred in Ft. Collins, CO.

Once a final draft of the flyer is up, we need to make sure it's "perfect". We should start a thread where everyone posts where they posted how many flyers. Create kind of like a database and eventually a map that is colour coded for saturation of # of flyers. I guess I could do that if I had the numbers.

The possibilites are endless...

peace

16. Yo, I might be able to hook you up with some hosting. Did a favour for someone a while back and got me some unlimited hosting. I had a forum up for a while but then ditched it. Should still have a live server somewhere. I'll let you know when I have it.

I'm not sure what the bandwidth limitations are though :(

17. Tha'd be sick I have some exams, but I do have some time to set it up. Oh and to setting up the map, we would have that one the website right? We can have like Information and the map and like a link to the flyer so people from outside grasscity can do it too.

18. Yeah, sounds sick. I mean, I don't know you personally. But I'll asume you have the pwn 411 skilzz or else you wouldn't have offered. This could be "the next big thing".

As for hosting, if my guy can't come through... well, it's not like I'm poor or stupid. There's alot of other options, I could always set up a server here or just PAY for hosting. I know it sounds crazy... but it just might work.

19. Yeah we could pay for hosting, but that would involve paying for hosting. Im not an amazing coder but I do know some stuff, but I offered cause im a photoshopper and most of the proccess would involve photoshopping and designing and whatnot. I have no idea how I would go about with the map thing or what EXACTLY he meant but he says he could, and im sure if we get 2-3 people working on the site we would have a nice site in very little time. Shall we pick a name for our organization? I say we say some here then we make a poll.

20. oh my...im trembling with the excitement of this.
    im gonna contact NORML and ask for permission to put a link to their site, stating what we hope to achieve. also, i prefer the idea of having a mission statement on it rather than what is currently there, the UK - US thing was quotes from both the UK and US.
    i shall check up here in the morning and will begin work on a mission statement.
    (i will use what has already been posted by emrandel plus a little more.)
    thanks to all you activists on GC and i hope to continue this.
    also, if the peeps who were interested in helping with the site and mapping(Chronik-Judge & emrandel) could PM me id greatly appreciate it...as for now..im going to bed. :)
    thanks again and maybe, just maybe, if we band together we will conquer this terrible misjustice of the planet!!!!
    :smoke:
    peace

*oh, and chronik- i have designed sites before and can do PHP and databases but i suck at designing and imaging and whatnot. as i said, PM me and we can sort sumthin out. oh...and yeah lets start with names for the organisation. as i said in one of my posts on here... what about United World Marijuana Users [UWMU] ?*