GC Leading The Way

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by broncos420, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Do you guys and gals think that it is possible that GC could be a main leader in the fight for legalization in the future? If so PM me and lets start it.

2. hmm ya know i dunno. i doubt it to tell the truth because this forum is mainly a haven for people to talk about what they like most...weed. so i dont think it will be the leader i think other organizations would be more likely to be major contributars like itsnormal.org...besides correct me if im wrong but the city doesnt fight to legalize the herb

3. i wouldn't compare GC to groups like NORML, or the LCA (in england), but this is still a very important site.

supporters of legalisation from all over the world can meet here and discuss anything they want really. rallys can be organised here, and people can argue over policy :p

i would say that Grasscity (among other weed forums) play an important part in Drug Law Reformation

4. would that be something that we would have to okay with the moderators? and if so who would want to join? when could the rallys be?

5. First you have to explain exactly what your agenda is. What are your plans for this group? What do you hope to accomplish? What areas are you targeting? How will you obtain funding? Are you a member of NORML? Common Sense for Drug Policy? Marijuana Policy Project? The Drug Reform Coordination Network? These are all very well established organizations to obtain membership with if you are truely wanting to join the fight for legalization.

6. i think the whole point of the group would be to advertise to the world that marijuana is not the harmful plant that people may think of it as. we would get our funding from people like myself and other people that would want to donate (kind of like norml). We would have a couple of goals. you people would have to help me on that.

7. Are you a member of any of the organizations I listed? You should really check into them if you're not. I'm a very firm believer that anyone who smokes marijuana on a long term basis should be a member of at least NORML, if not all of them. :)

8. i have been on the norml site many times but lost interest. i think becuz you brought that up i will open up a new window and go to norml and gc at the same time...im a multitasker...lol

9. well, i'm not american so i can't join NORML. but i may join the Legalise Cannabis Alliance, which is a political party in the UK

10. If you don't like NORML, check out the MPP and the Drug Policy Alliance.

http://www.mpp.org Marijuana Policy Project
    http://www.drugpolicy.org Drug Policy Alliance

I highly recommend you join a reform organization.

11. are there any free ones?

12. Stop and think about what you just said for a second Bronco. These organizations need funding in order to work. The majority of that funding comes from membership dues and donations. :)

Though Students for Sensible Drug Policy might not charge, I am unsure, that's the one organization I'm not very familiar with, here's there link: http://www.ssdp.org/

13. no i was meaning before i get too serious i would like to see what other people are doing and i have no money. i would raise money for our organization (if we have one;indiana?)