GC Island.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dr.Dankmen, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. best idea i have ever heard, start a list and count me in, when we got the money im ready to leave....fuck houses and all the luxuries of life today. Hammocks are perfect solution.

2. It might be cheaper if we picked an island in the Arctic

Hedge our bets with this whole global warming thing

3. Not sure how well marijuana will grow in the Arctic.

4. we could tap into the '' GEO-THERMAL'' heat of the planet...

and do a massive solar indoor grow,:cool:

5. Methinks OSG should be the islands grower.

7. DUDE. I'ma buy a big ol' jar and start putting all my change in it.
    We could tie a bunch of floaties and inflatable mattresses together to form a floating island, making it unchartable. Plus, it would be much less expensive.

8. This has to be the most revived thread of all time....

9. I realy thoml we need to take this seiousley.
    I'm down with 2704.75 dollars.

10. Wow this thread is serious stuff.
    Im down, ima bring the BEER :wave:

Let's throw this party :metal:

11. i would whole-heartedly toss $100k into the pot for an island.

Just gimme a few years to save it up :D

12. Great Hans Lollik, US Virgin Islands, Caribbean

[​IMG]

$45 million for that beast.

510 acres :eek:

Even if you wanted to give everyone who came an entire acre, that comes to just $88k a person (510 people).

Definitely doable, even if you rounded up to 100k a person, for supplies and such.

13. #34 astro_righteous, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
    45 mil? i wonder if they take myspace mobster money.

im not real keen on the name 'Great Hans Lollik'

definitely would need to change that straight off. im thinking something to the effect of Pala, just to actually directly take from the Aldous Huxley Novel 'Island' about a group of folks who got an island in the philippines and made their own society and had the most effective social environment you could possibly hope for.

it would be open to interpretation but the current name would have to go for sure. but that looks like a fuckin badass island. wouldnt be hurt too bad from the weather or like if the waters were rough the waves wouldnt come up too high into the livable area. and teh rains would just drain right off.

only issue is that there is no fresh water. but that can be fixed because it does rain in that area fairly frequently and so if you built some large rain tables, like ramadas or awnings then the water would collect on them and funnel thru gutters and then you can just buy a water treatment unit and have gallons of water all the time. that would be green technology.

if there was some people that could get a pilots license then we could have a fleet of those little water skipper planes and use them to transport supplies cuz im sure its a while from florida. maybe 3 hour plane trip. a full day in a boat.

then the other concern i would have is that if you are buying it from the US herself, then would we be held accountable for their law, or their taxes? could the navy just arbitrarily come and pop a squat on our island and say they need it for a base to invade cuba or some shit.

then in order to set up a quality lifestyle that balances the important things like a seudo-government we would need to find people that are good with ideas like economics, resources, stuff like that because we dont need people to be aimlessly wandering a great island with no reason or idea as to how to make it better and not trying to further our happiness or not be productive.

i say economics because we would definitely need some sort of monetary system and would need some kind of ideas as to mistakes to avoid. like someone that knows the workings of big business tactics, but specializes in small community. never would there be stocks and bonds or trade in fake dollars that you can never see, like how it is in the US. thats a big disaster waiting to happen.

but thats just a few ideas.

i can toss in like 15 grand. when i win the lottery ill be sure to invite you all to my new caribbean island.

actually, i would honestly set up a screening process. kind of like a citizenship test. just to test your personality and see if you are the type that deserves our enlightened lifestyle. it would test to see if you know the right from wrong and see if you maintain common sense. if you had a felony or whatever then i dont give a shit as long as you served time and know that thats not cool anymore and are aware if it happened again you would be tossed off the island and never return.

drug test only to see that drug ARE in your system. if not then you arent invited. and gtfo

14. astro for Mayor.

15. If GC was an island where the fuck would I make lame jokes on the internet?

That said, I like this idea. It would be like lord of the flies but with less killing and more fire.

16. no joke i would save up a few grand over the next few years if a lot of other people would too. if we had a plan for a solid food and fresh water supply im honestly 100% serious about embarking and claiming a territory.

17. I'm here!!! I brought A Dragons Tail, Looney Toons ( I didn't even know that was a book either lol?) and A Group of Bad Fishes.

18. [​IMG]

Little Hog Kay Island (Caribbean)
    US $1,950,000
    25 acres

19. .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.