Gc Iphone App?

Discussion in 'Grasscity Forums App' started by happyfriend, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Ok, I first found out about this site through the grasscity iphone app (great app). A few weeks ago the app was acting weird, not responding or w.e. So I deleted the app and had plans to go back and re download it. Now when I search for it, it can not be found. I go to the regular website through google on my phone and there is a button for installing the app. When I go to install and I reach the apple store It reads "this app not available in the U.S." so im asking WHAT GIVES??? Has anyone had this problem occur? Anyone have any ideas on how to get the app back? Thanks 
    Peace all over-

2. well if you havent noticed the forum went threw some changes. The new app should be here soon. Plus there are other threads just like this one..

3. I don't get why it's available on the droid network but not apple

4. Yeah i miss my iphone app :( hopefully it will come back even better :) Havent heard anything about it even coming back though, im assuming with will.

5. #5 aPersonUponaHill, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    No I just use the web browser, I dont have an issues and I hear all sorts of crap about the app on here.

I havent tried it on the new site yet, but I would think its still fine. I dont see why not.

6. The app is coming backing it is already up for android there waitin for apple to verify it..a week or two and it will be up I'm pretty sure gonna be 99cents

7. #7 Subliminal Jazz, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013

Nah they trashed that idea. I have an android and i was able to download it for free so i'm sure it will be the same for apple.  And contrary to what the other guy said in this thread, its actually a really nifty app. Way better then the old one, i think. Only thing is you can't see your notifications. The old GC app was like that too so oh well. But uploading pictures is super easy, you can edit posts, etc.

8. its taking forever because apple is a bunch of bitches that take forever to verify apps.

9. iPhones are for sheep

10. Taking forever ....

11. I'm super impatient :p :)

12. Me too man. I can't wait for it to become available for iPhone again. Ill be startin a grow thread when it finally gets here. AK and G13

13. I browse GC using Safari on my iPhone 5 and I'm having absolutely no issues. The forums are well designed to be used from a phone. No need of an app.

14. I felt that way when the app was still pending approval on Google Play.

But this new app kicks ass!
    So easy and intuitive too!

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

15. GC on safari sucks. I've been using it since the app went down and I still haven't found how to uploa photos via mobile web.

16. yeah i noticed it was gone too. The app never realtly worked too well for me though. It crashed a lot and didn't connect over a 3g network. I just bookmarked the GC page to an icon on my iphone since i like the mobile version better.

Yeah you are talking about safari on iphone, right?

When you need to upload a picture just switch the view to full website version and then you have the option to attach files.  :bongin:

18. @hippie kid I have the mobile site bookmarked but yea switching between mobile an full is just a pain. I just wish the old app would have been made available until the new one was approved and ready. But it's cool ill make due until the new app gets here. I just wish it was already here so I could easily start my grow journal.

Yeah I prefer the oldschool app. Actially it wasnt even made by GC it was a third party app i believe.

20. It was a third party app. It's a shame they took it down. Fingers crossed that the new one gets here soon. I'm dying to share my plants with everyone on GC