GC, help me finish setting up plz?

Discussion in 'General' started by geetardude, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Hey,

So I bought a pre-constructed PC Case Growbox from a member off another MJ forum around 2 weeks ago. It's not really at all hard to set up, initially. However, there's this one piece thats being a real douche! I'd ask the dude, himself, too bad he hasn't answered a single e-mail I sent since I received it 2 weeks ago! (maybe he thought I was gonna snitch?? dunno..) Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

Okay, my only problem is the damn Ozone Generator ( The thing connected to the silver hose-thing). I cannot get the sumbitch to connect into back of the exhaust fan on the PC case. It has some kind of circular connector thing, that has a screw that I gotta screw to make it tighter. It just doesn't want to work, it keeps fucking slipping off! :( Anyone got any ideas? I was thinking maybe I should just buy some kind of damn air scrubber or something but it'll probably be the same problem of connecting. God, so close to my own grow... yet so far away!!

2. Can't you go to Home Depot and see if you can grab some sort of pipe adapter for it?

Take some measurements, go to home depot, see if they have what you need to rig it up with some PVC / ABS pipes.

3. to hell with screws. get some 2 part epoxy and glue that fucker on there. good luck with your grow.

4. Hey,

It's all good. Just got out the electric tape and had at 'er. Was thinkin' about the duct tape, but ehh... safety first ;) Also, managed to cover the remaining light leaks (only 2 or 3). Now if only my seeds would germ...

5. Its called a hose clamp, and you need a male portion of piping to clamp it properly. IF you dont have it, use duct tape. Yes, thats what duct tape was invented for ;)

6. What i thought duct tape was for fixing shoes, bikes, and any random broken thing all but for duct work:p

7. hey man, if you have the means, ie a digital camera and the balls to do it, would you start a picture grow journal for us? ive always been skeptical of those pc grow boxes because of the tiny space. i wanna see how that comes out for you with stink and light and heat and yield and all that. if its good i may make one myself. i got a big ass broken tower layin around that was gonna go in the trash. and how much did the whole rig cost in total? i got a whole bunch of q's but ill wait till you get established first.

8. take pics of that case...i hope its a server case at least not a regular desktop case which is way too small.

9. Hey guys,

just browsing some older posts, forgot all about this one, heh. JohnnyWeedSeed, I do have a digi cam but I feel I need to do a tad bit more work on this baby to get the growing conditions just right. (Just need to change the lighting). And once I do that within the next day or so, I intend on putting a PC-case grow journal up. Just for reference, here's a link to the one grow that was done to in this case by its previous owner. http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=39837 Mine's the bigger one (26" Height) So I know for a FACT that I can get some GREAT buds if I do this shit right. :)