Gc Has Become The Facebook Of Marijuana.

Discussion in 'General' started by thcisthewayout, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Which is not to my liking. Been a member since 05 reading and studying this plant. GC was and still is top forum for grow information. But the info has been watered down. Seems like this site is more geared to social marijuana lifestyle. I remember you could get quality information about this plant. Now you gotta shift through all the bull shit to get quality info.

2. #2 SiberianShepherd, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    I disagree. While I maybe new to the GC forums, I am also new to growing and have found a lot of helpful info and helpful people.

3. #3 MooseyPoo, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    In 2005, I'm sure most active users were those that were already into growing/comfortable with the plant (in the growing section at least). Marijuana has come a long way since then, a lot more newcomers, and a lot more users in general, AKA more less useful stuff.

4. Whatre we going to do about this

5. i first joined in 08 or 09 and it still seems like the same shinanigans to me.

6. Information on everything on this plant can be easily found if you know where to look and who to ask,.

7. Weed has become legal since 2005 in a majority of united states, medicinal and otherwise.  What exactly do you mean by watered down?  People aren't afraid to talk about weed in the open now so maybe thats where you get the social marijuana lifestyle from.

Just don't bother with the "general discussion" nonsense then. There are still plenty of helpful and informative people in the more plant-specific sub-forums. 

9. I don't think a forum can ever become like Facebook, which is why I favor this place over a social networking site.  I like how everything is anonymous.  And as this is a Cannabis site, everyone is open minded, peaceful and content.  You can literally talk about anything!

10. 08 was like one giant rave.

Miss that shit.

11. I joined the same year, 08, and I think the City is a little different. The general population seems younger/less mature overall. Still a fine source of information though. When Farmville comes to GC I'm out.

Sent from that phone I sent Dwight into the fire for.

12. Thats a little harsh dont you think? Yeah its changed a lot over time, but there is still solid info .. Why not be someone who helps out since you have near a decade on this forum, you should have a little input here and there eh?

13. #13 moreherb, Apr 19, 2014
      Its not like facebook at all. I would imagine that if this site was designed like facebook it would be shutdown within a week because of all the drug trafficking. 
    \nI know what your saying though. Most threads I have read have a lot of ego stroking before I find good information. I hate reading and waiting through 50 pages of "that looks great man".
    \nJust to find the good information you gotta sort through the bullshit so there is a lil effort for free information...cool with me.

14. Don't come to the off topic section looking for that kind of information  :confused:

15. Facebook and Grasscity have totally 0 relevance 

However Grasscity also shares the good faith of any huge website that depends on user generated content. There are lots of information but some are hard to find

16. network effect

17. GC is starting to become a cesspool.

18. There are many sections here.
    Some can be informative.
    Some can be exclusively social. 
    Depends on where you click. 
    What's great about this site is that not only is it expansive, every area has a community that actively discusses, so...

19. #19 OscarZetaAcosta, Apr 19, 2014
    Grasscity is a ton better than Facebook.

Facebook is blue, Grasscity is green...And that's only one example of many. :cool:

20. #20 B00tLeg, Apr 19, 2014
    Once you get away from the "how do I smoke in my parents house?" and "how many grams does this look like?" posts there are some knowledgeable ppl on here.

Use the same advice you'd give to a new user. If you're looking for something specific, use the search bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app