GC game tournament

Discussion in 'General' started by Zylark, Aug 28, 2003.

1. we should have some kind of online game tournament for grasscity. something stonerfriendly, like risk, diplomacy or similar (free) online multiplayer game that all can play regardless of internet connection speed, computer specs and operating system.

just a friendly little tournament. i think that would be great!

2. Diablo 2 anyone?

3. OMG if we had RISK I would never leave the city. You do not realize what you have just started with me.

4. I would definitely play, anything you just mentioned plus other stuff. I do have dial up though so nothing like counter strike.

5. i dont play d2 anymore krytpo.. used to play that bitch religiously.

i play starcraft like a mad man though. anyone? i play on uswest. my names are

EllisD
    Mushroom_Maniac
    Psychadeliscope

6. I have diablo, quake 2, quake 3, warcraft, and warcraft 2.

Never bought StarCraft, Diablo 2, or CounterStrike, or Warcraft 3.

7. i've done a little dig round the net, and the closest i came to a true free online risk game was http://www.globalcombat.com/

i haven't tried it yet, but i know what i'm going to do for the next couple of hours :)

ofcourse, a risk game do require a constant online presense. a diplomacy game however could be run via e-mail / a GC forum thread even for the official turn movements. two turns a day. loads of oppertunity for "diplomacing" in other words :) and no big online footprint to participate.

i'm only suggesting here. any ideas are welcome, but i will stress that the game should be:

-platform independent
    -low bandwith friendly
    -free
    -easy to get into
    -low machine specs requirements

this so that all that wish can participate.

[i'll be digging for some diplomacy alternatives now. and another game, called junta. it's a board game really, but i'm sure there must exist some kind of computer equivalent. hilarious game. the republican party voters would feel right at home :D ]

8. i playd dope wars online i forget the site but it was free and anyone could play

im up for anything

9. mission risk is a fun risk that you can get a free trial of for windows. friends and I used to sit in the library at school and play against each other when we were supposed to be doing research.

10. yea got Rise of Nations? Then everyone could just get on IRC and d/l that, plus its a lot like risk, but it has Age of Empires thrown in it, tons of fun.

11. mission risk looks good, and obliviot have already volunteered hosting :)

so who and when? cup, league or knockout? single games are cool too, but i think the title of "GC official world dictator" is open...

12. if you want an easy to play quick game, i recommend we play Ink Link. its free, doesnt take any downloading (i think)

its just internet pictionary, but its totally fun. i think you play it through www.shockwave.com

13. guys if you like first person shooters this is the best Free one out there im positive it was made by the United States Army and Government some say its propaganda to get you to join the military but i think its just a bad ass game.

www.americasarmy.com

14. yes, americas army is a pretty good online co-op fps shooter. but it's not entirely stoner friendly, and do require at least a dsl line and a good cpu/ram/gfx-card setup

15. more then that, it takes sum skill, much more then CS or anything like that... I'll stick to my semi-relastic gameplay thanks very much... like the new FREE RTCW: ET, It doensn't require return to castle wolfenstien to play, but its multiplay only.

If were playing Mission Risk, I want in for sure.

16. sooooooo

thus far we are 4 for mission risk. me, wang, cow and obliv.

need at least two more for a full game. and a date for when we're all free, toked up, and ready for some bloodless world war

edit:

special rule: we need a unanimous decision in GUT (grasscity united tokers) before anyone can attack iraq, mkay

:D

17. tic-tac-toe anyone?

18. im in if i can do it here at the library