Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

gbong and aluminum foil

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by -aCe-, Jan 30, 2011.

1. hey guys, so i have made a good gbong but dont have any sockets or stem pipes layin around. I wanna use aluminum foil and poke holes through it for the bowl but is it worth it considering aluminum poisoning?

I heard you can try to heat the foil before so it releases the fumes and then use it. Is that true? What do you guys think? Thanks in advance! :hello:

2. Aluminum = bad. Tin = good :smoke:

3. There are kids in my school who make bowls out of aluminum foil and they never had any problems and I've honestly never heard of aluminum foil being poisonous in any way so I see no problem with it.

4. Its fine. Nothing bad is going to happen to you, unless you're using aluminum 24/7 all year round. An average bic lighter isnt even strong enough to melt the aluminum or let out these fumes you're talking about. Most of the metal pipes at the convenience/variety stores/gas stations are made out of aluminum. Its fine. Just dont be using it every day.

5. It's fine. Foil doesn't release any fumes before it begins melting so you're fine. Test it yourself by holding some foil over your lighter. Neither the lighter nor the burning herb is hot enough to cause any release of fumes.

6. There are impurities in the aluminum which will burn off so I wouldn't recommend it but if you do torch it first. You will probably be fine once but get a bowl or socket.

7. I'm pretty sure that aluminum foil is 99.9% pure. Its definately very pure, even if that number isnt exact. Either way, im sure 0.1% of impurities isnt really a big deal.