Gay people can join the army now!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by alefein, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Hey guys.

I don't know if I'm retarded and this is old news, but anyways, I just saw on a newssite in my country that gay people are now allowed to join the military. I'm not gay, but I have to say that it's about time?? Why shouldn't they be allowed? Do people think they're more of sissies?

Wasn't it about time for this to happen?

2. they could always join the military they just had the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. but this is the first good thing i've seen about politics in a while.

3. Yeah but the "don't ask don't tell" policy stated that if they ever confessed their sexuality, they'd be expelled. So I think this is a step forward!

4. Yeah I think that's what he's saying.

They weren't allowed to be open about it, now they have equal rights with their sexuality. Definitely a great thing broseph

5. I always found that don't ask don't tell policy hilarious. I am soon going to be out of the military (thank God) so here is what I think. The military is literally full of homoerotic behavior. I don't even jump or stop speaking if someone comes by and slaps my ass. I have seen or have participated in tea bagging,spooning, helicopter, ball showing game and ass grabbing. I have seen a guy perform the spiderman(you do a handstand completely naked,prop your legs against the side of a door then knock. when they open it you gyrate your hips). People constantly jump in the showers with one another,we tied a guy up, put tape over his mouth and took him into dorm rooms on a push table. He would scream through the tape over his mouth and then we would just roll him out. That same guy stood naked on a desk for 30 minutes in the dark waiting for one guy to come in so he could scare him. maybe 2% of the military is homophobic but the other 98% is quasi gay. ;)

6. Hahah, that was really interesting actually! :p I bet the guys who participated the least were the secret gay guys though.

7. funniest. shit. all day.

8. I can't believe that. I have never heard of the spiderman before in my life. That's crazy:eek:

9. why would a gay person want to join the military..????

last i looked they didnt have a room re-decorating division.....:cool:

...........[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

........[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Yeah, that'd totally suck if the worlds armies ended up falling in love with each other and stopped fighting.

What an amazing conservative fantasty. A bunch of ripped, dirty, sweaty, greasy men locked in combat to the death with one another end up falling in love on the battlefield, making love as mortar fire falls - perhaps?

11. wow did not expect so many replies. Its the honest truth and I was outraged when the Air Force came out with a computer based test that taught "how to properly treat homosexual" as someone in an enlisted leadership position. A test designed specifically for a certain demographic that educates me on how not treat them different?As someone who has been a supporter of LGBT rights for years I wanted to hit my CO and ask him which 4 star was a moron. That is absolutely humiliating for the gay community and an insult on my intelligence. Feel free to quote and paraphrase this and the prior post. I don't ask any credit I just want people to see how silly the system is. I know of 2 people who are known to be gay at my base and literally no one cares. The Armed Forces aren't super conservative and narrow-minded. We need Generals and politicians to realize that. Homosexuals don't need to worry about bullying they need to worry about the group of straight guys plotting to see who can make him sexually uncomfortable first lol. It is just how we bond as a unit its not meant to be cruel.

12. Now what excuse am i supposed to use when the draft comes back. I had a whole routine down and everything.

13. Who cares. It's the military for the state.

Milita>military.

14. So if you say you're gay/lesbian, you get kicked out?

Also, will the said gay/lesbian be Dishonorably or Other Than Honorably Discharged?

If so, that's pretty fucked up seeing how they served their country and then turned around and got fucked in the ass (no pun intended) by that same country for their sexual orientation.

15. Once again Chicken shows his homophobic colors.

16. I am sure its an honorable. The military doesn't even give some people that deserve a dishonorable discharge one because it requires so much money and paperwork. If a gay service member with an outstanding record received general or dishonorable discharge the Armed Services would be buried in class action lawsuits with an image of bigotry attached(not that DADT did not do that as well). Military is all about image and they do not want to piss people off. Trust me the damage control and ass chewings you don't see are not pleasant.

17. So hypothetically if someone found out they were being shipped to Afghanistan and claimed they were gay just to avoid deployment, do you think they could get away with it?

That seems all too easy to me.

18. Its not that easy and if they deploying there will already be suspicious of said claim. It can take a while to get your discharge as well. This is from the GI Hotline website:

"To discharge a member, the military must find that at least one of the following instances of homosexual conduct is supported by the evidence:

· The member has engaged in, attempted to engage in, or solicited another to engage in a homosexual act or acts...;
    · The member has made a statement that he or she is homosexual or bisexual, or words to that effect, unless there is a further approved finding that the member has demonstrated that he or she is not a person who engages in, attempts to engage in, has a propensity to engage in, or intends to engage in homosexual acts...;
    · The member has married or attempted to marry a person known to be of the same biological sex...."

They will question a lot of people as well(friends,family, and etc..). If there is no evidence to support your claim in the end you're probably going to be in a lot of trouble and you are still deploying. People have made many attempts to get out of deployments with different excuses but they have gotten good at weeding the liars out.

19. How does that have anything to do with homophobia?