Gay Marriages?

Discussion in 'General' started by AmsterdamdreamN, Jan 22, 2004.

?

Should homosexuals be able to marry w/benefits?

1. YES- Love is love

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO- It just doesn't seem right

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Who the fuck started calling names.....im christian and im not stupid or a fuckin ignorant bitch......its my choice to be christian and im sorry if i dont feel that gays should be allowed to get married.....i dont care if they have their own ways of doing things, or if they just wanna be together but dont bring you gay bullshit on me like we want all these rights and what not......to tell you the truth i really dont mind gay people....i have gay freinds.....but i dont believe because they are gay that they should have the same rights as a man and a woman when they get married im sorry.....and yes i think marijuana should be deffinetly legalized.....sorry im a hippocrite....and as far as you XenophobiaKills your just as ignorante as me thinking and talking like you do about christians......and just to let you know im not an asshole and im not fucking stupid.....and there are some christian beliefs that i do disagree with but i still follow the path ive chosen.....sorry if i sound like a preacher but man some people fuckin piss me off.......oh and to put this lightly FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!.........hmmmmm now im pissed time to go smoke a blunt......

2. I am gay and because of the restrictions society has placed on my orientation, I have spent the majority of my life ALONE. I was married for 11 years because the company I worked for at the time insisted I get married or leave. In those days one could not afford any scandal so I opted to marry and even had a couple of kids. However, I've been divorced since 1986 and both kids are grown and on their own, the last one leaving just 2 months ago. This should be a time where my partner and I would be planning our retirements together but it is only me. If I had been allowed to marry or even live openly with the only man I ever loved in the 70's, I am positive we would still be together today. So much for FREEDOM and the good old USofA.

3. At least you know it

4. At least write it coherently if you want to be taken seriously. I still see no reason why gays should have less rights. We're all humans, there's no reason for you to waste time discriminating.

5. I wouldnt call it discriminating.......we accept them in the church.........and the church wont kick you out or be hateful in any way..........but we as christian believe that being a homosexual is against the rules.......or in other words.....against our religion.....there you go.....why dont gays just get their own religion and then have marrages of the same sex as a practice or something......hmmmm mabey that would work im not sure.....and about the goverment.....dont ask me why they dont let gays get married.....mabey cuz its pretty much a christian gov....i dont know whatever.......

6. yo, gay marriage is just unnatural. humans werent meant to be gay. we are animals at our core and just like any other animal by nature we need a male and a female to reproduce. thats just how its supposed to be.

7. yo fuck that. hell yes. gay = not normal. dont give me that hippie shit that says its normal.

8. It happens naturally in animals more than you think.

9. yah i dont think gays should be married. Its just not right. And they SHOULDNT be allowed in church, God is against people being gay. Along with the gays not marrying maybe they could make up there own thing?? :/

10. what is the story of fred phelps?

11. Ok to start off, i dont care what they do, its not like they are ruining traditional marraiges.

But isnt a marriage something in a church and i thought there was a seperation between church and state, so ones religious views should not impair them, since they should be seperated from law, from giving people simple liberties. thats my view, and i feel my reaosning is failr sound. But it will happen eventually, 50 years ago blacks and whites couldnt marry so due to social eveloution gays will be eventually let to unionize. So anyone going against it is fighting change and fighting the future.

peace

jeff

12. Anyone who voted NO is really being an asshole. It's not like it affects you personally, and why shouldn't gays have the same rights? No need to discriminate against them...
    And some people are saying "It's just not NORMAL/ It's wrong". Who are you to tell them that they can't marry just because you have a biased against gays?
    Damn..

13. let people do what they want. i dont see how it hurts anyone if they can get married, so i dont see why anyone has any reason to be against it other than ignorance, stupidity, and selfishness.

14. hes from texas hes a true blue redneck i wouldnt be surprized is he supported kkk connections too

15. Actually, homosexuality only became "immoral" in the 1300s. Before then it was widely accepted throughout Europe and Asia. In aincent Greece homosexuality was common. In fact, many early Christians were gay. In the middle ages, many church and city officials, such as King Richard I, were openly gay. However, when the crusades began, a rumor began to circulate that Muslims, the enemy, were all homosexuals. This led to a widespread prejudice against gays that has continued to this day.

Just thought you should have the facts.

16. Thanks great. Believe what you want. You think homosexuals are wrong? then fine, believe it. What does that have to do with getting married by the state? everyone who is against gays being married by the STATE are terrible discriminating people, and should leave the country. if you hate gays, fine, hate em. but don't try and take away their rights as an American. I can't believe we fought wars to protect the very same freedoms you are trying to destroy.

I personally hate people who are trying to keep marijuana illegal, but if they want to get married, thats fine with me.

gays are not trying to hurt you, or prove your religion wrong. they just want to have the same rights as an AMERICAN. if you want to take rights away from certain americans, you might as well call yourself a nazi. but please don't call yourself an american.

didn't we learn anything from the civil rights movement? guess not...

[don't get me wrong. if you hate gays because of your religion. i personally don't care as long as you don't hurt anyone. we are allowed to hate whoever we want]

17. I thought God loved everyone? :confused:

18. This is a GAY thread,........lol.....

19. LOL! Not that there's anything wrong with that! lol