Gay Marriages?

Discussion in 'General' started by AmsterdamdreamN, Jan 22, 2004.

?

Should homosexuals be able to marry w/benefits?

1. YES- Love is love

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO- It just doesn't seem right

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. what people want to do w/ each other is their won fucking buisness. If religions don't want to support it, that's fine.

2. I still find it funny people don't know the difference between freedoms and liberties. It may not be too important in this particular case, but it still never ceases to amaze me. Now seperate from that...

Basic ideas and beliefs are NOT universal, and not even national. They vary with the individual. This is why I personally believe in 1 man/woman - 1 vote.

It IS the governments job to impose it's beliefs and ideas on it's citizens( I mean we do vote for them based on these things, right?), otherwise govenments wouldn't function and there would be no laws. They shouldn't be able to tell you what to think(ie religion, philosophy), but thoughts and actions are two different things. Obviously I don't agree with some things they ban(weed, duh) but I still realize they are serving an ultimate purpose. Yea I know governments are corrupt too, but still, we would be in shambles without them. That's not to say they couldn't be improved but I'm ranting so much it hurts.

3. Weeeellll, sorry, mate but that's bullshit. If I remember right, the greeks didn't have anything against it when their empire was on its greatest. In certain indian tribes, so I've heard, a man could choose if he wanted to become a warrior or a "wife". Just 2 examples, I can find more...
    And even if the vast majority thinks it's immoral, that doesn't make it wrong. The vast majority thinks smokin pot is immoral. Do you agree with them on that issue, too?

I think it's gotta go this way: First we legalize gay marriages, then the majority is going to agree afterwards. It's not like we need approval of everyone to make the world a better place

4. I didn't say EVERYONE. I said the vast majority of people think homosexuality is immoral. And sorry mate, but its true. I don't have to agree with everything society deems immoral, but I can and do choose for myself what I believe should not be allowed. I'm not trying to impose my beliefs on anyone. I'm just telling it how it is. For example, still to this day some Muslims impale men on wooden stakes as punishment for being a homosexual. If you don't believe me, check out www.ourenemies.org/World.htm Theres a pretty disgusting video of it.

And what makes you think the majority is going to agree with gay marriages after they are legalized? Do you seriously think that making it legal all of a sudden is going to change people's minds on the issue? pffff And I guess when Bush is reelected everyone will just change their minds and love him. Yeah right. LOL

5. Are you sure about this? All I know is the majority is against imprisoning non-violent marijuana offenders.

6. Ok, we oughta stick to the western civilisation. Examples of the Sharia-laws aren't gonna get us anywhere in this discussion. Muslims who impale people are NOT part of society I'm talkin' about.

RE-electing bush? You're going down the wrong lane, man. But you kind of support my theory here. You elected Bush. He became president. THEN poeple made their minds up on what they tink of him (and hopefully they conclude with that he's a complete and utter asshole). NOW they can decide if they want to RE-elect him.
    Same with gay marriages: Legalize them, then let people gain experiences on the issue, THEN let them make up their mind.
    K, I can't guarantee this works, but I do think it might be a solution.

7. Muslims are still a part of our civilization whether we like it or not.

I think you took what I said about Bush the wrong way. I hope he isn't president for another 4 years. But they still can't be compared like that. You couldn't give gays the right to marriage, then later decide to take it away for whatever reason. A presidential term on the other hand, lasts only 4 years or 8 years if he wins a second term. But whatever, this is getting off topic. We agree to disagree. I'm going to smoke now. Cheers

8. Who am I to tell other people how to live their lives? I say let them do it.

Keeping same sex marriages illegal isn't going to stop the couples from getting together in the first place. So why bother making them illegal?

9. Muslims are part of our society, yes. But sharia-laws aren't!!!

And relax...I quite understood ya don't like Dubja, just like most of us. And I gotta admit, it would be a bad idea to give rights just to take them away again. Still I think it would be worth a try.

But yuo're right. Let's disagree and get stoned. At least we're together on that....

toke on..

10. "There is nothing good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
    -Hamlet

11. Kyles mom :D

I don't understand why anybody could say that it makes a differnece to them wither someone else can get married to the same sex. Anothers marriage doesn't effect you, and if you think about, how would you feel if you loved someone, but the government wouldn't allow you to express your love?

12. As Paul McCartney would sing "Until we can find an answer! Let it be!

Im straight! but i know lots of gay females, they know how to have a great laugh! My mate and her partner, both work hard! and they have bought there own house! I think they should have the same rights as us!

13. ^That cat looks fucked up^

14. I'm such a deuche bag, ur right............ gotta go fix that

15. ok, im going to give this thread a whirl when I can get into it more, but i was thinking, Dean, they wont allow same sex marriages but will allow same sex couples have the benefits...?
    ok im pulling strings at this..lol you all can just move along..nothing to see here..

16. sorry for bringin back this thread its just i wanted to post on it.

love is love right? if people get married because they are in love, and if gays can be in love why shouldnt they get married. if you smoke bud and are against gay marriage than stfu. dont bitch abotu how buds illegal and call people "close minded" because they dont understand marijuana. guess what your not gay, you dont understand gays. if you are against gay marriage than your pretty close minded for a pot smoker. smoking bud doesnt hurt anybody but yourself right? thats your arguement right? you should be able to put whatever you want in your own body. well its the same thing here. if gays wanna stick dicks in THEIR OWN bodies thats fine by me. its their right. everybody should have the right to do what they feel or wish to as long as it doesnt harm anybody else.

there thats many 2 cents.

17. i have nothin wrong with gays......its not a choice for them to be gay, its how they are.....i would think marriage is a union of two who love eachother, i dont know where it says it has to be a man and women....it might say it in the Bible or somewhere, but i havent seen it......so, i just say let em get married, but not let them have children......

18. what is it with christians and thinking that everyone must abide by there stupid, intolerant, ignorant "moral" code. i can't even begin to understand why you would have a problem with gay marriage. what do you think you're accomplishing? i think the world would be better off without YOU.

19. glad to see 3/4 of the voters think 'love is love'

20. wow lol i cant believe that 1/3rd of you voted against it...

ya those same crazy religious homophobes that dont think people should be able to be gay and get married, are also the ones that think marijuana and drug use is immoral and makes you a bad person. do you agree with that also?

how can you sit there and deny people the right of love and marriage but then sit on your little internet forum and whine all day about how

"wawawa marijuana illegal!! ;( not fair! we have our rights! hate the goverment!" ..lol hm if you have your rights to smoke a little pot, then why shouldnt somebody else have their rights to marry the one they love.

eh fuck whoever is against this your just plain ignorant (however i do agree with them not being allowed to have kids ..most of the time that will turn messy)