Gave a homeless man a $50 dollar bill today.

Discussion in 'General' started by bromojoe, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Maybe I'm super naive, but I just don't assume the money I give to homeless people would be used toward them getting drunk or high.

2. You should have bought the bud, and then smoked him up!

3. [quote name='"Emrich"']You should have bought the bud, and then smoked him up![/quote]

I'd rather have food for myself and my dog than weed.

4. Noble is encouraging someone to bum off of others and lead a garbage lifestyle? Huh, I did not know that. :rolleyes:

OP could have done a lot more by helping someone out who is actually struggling yet still making an effort to make something of themselves each day. You all are fooling yourselves about homeless people. You don't magically become a saint for giving money to someone who doesn't have the drive to make something of themselves. With all of the opportunities and free hand-outs that are given these days, there is no excuse for that shit in the least bit.

We live in America. Wake the fuck up. :laughing:

5. I'd buy my fix if someone randomly gave me $50 and I'm not even homeless.

6. Blah blah blah. Still doesn't change the fact that OP did more than most are willing to, or ever will do because people in this country generally just have shitty, elitist views about what makes someone homeless.

All over the country we've got lawmakers legislating what people can or can't do for the homeless. It's bullshit. If I want to give my money to the homeless, no asswipe politician should have any say, whatsoever, in what I do with the money I earn for myself.

7. [quote name='"Ehmaybelater"']

Noble is encouraging someone to bum off of others and lead a garbage lifestyle? Huh, I did not know that. :rolleyes:

OP could have done a lot more by helping someone out who is actually struggling yet still making an effort to make something of themselves each day. You all are fooling yourselves about homeless people. You don't magically become a saint for giving money to someone who doesn't have the drive to make something of themselves. With all of the opportunities and free hand-outs that are given these days, there is no excuse for that shit in the least bit.

We live in America. Wake the fuck up. :laughing:[/quote]

Yes this is America, but there are still many people who are homeless not because of choice or because they don't want to do anything with their life.

Ever hear of mental disabilities? Or abusive households? Some people get so distraught down and depressed or anxiety in addition to being so far low that they can't help themselves etc etc.

Granted those who have that lifestyle but are just lazy is completely different. Just gotta have an open mind, because any way you look at it the OP did what he did out of the kindness of his heart and how he felt at that time, nothing else should matter.

8. #48 Salty Shack, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    Giving money isn't a good idea, you should have given him $50 worth of dog food/toys.

Edit: I mean, it's not a bad idea either, but giving them food would piss off the ones that are trying to scam you, and still make the day of the sincere ones.

9. A lot of people on the streets don't have connections like that, though, and getting a job without a home is VERY hard. It is mostly people who didn't make it through school due to money or other issues and so they have no friends and struggle to find jobs. For a lot of those people, all they really need is a place to stay for a year or so.

10. Shit if i had the cash to do that i would but i am a poor bastard but yeah every once in a while ill give a homeless person a couple bucks
    Your pretty generious

11. #51 Oh Well Whatever, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    Good deed OP.
    Altruism is only dead so long as you as a person declare it so.
    It'll always be dead to "the world" but never to those who give and receive it.

edit: It is indeed hard to give in these hard financial times. Often requiring the true meaning of altruism be enacted(self sacrifice). But In these times I find it even more rewarding(It's like your carrying a little bit of that poor souls burden for their benefit). Not many moral folk can do it. But I'd recommend all do so and find a cause from which they can benefit themselves and others.

12. I usually give homeless people my old clothes that they could wear to possible get a job...win win situation, get rid of my old clothes and hopefully the homeless person takes advantage of these new clothes and finds some sort of legal employment

13. I am really liking all of these ideas, I might go chill with some homeless people later and make some friends. I might bring a few buddies with me...

If everybody just did this once or twice a month even I guarantee the world would be a much better place.

14. I rarely give money directly to homeless people. I'll donate to shelters or buy them food or ask them if they want a piece of clothing I don't use before I give it to good will. There is this homeless lady that walks around my neighborhood that we bought a brand new jacket for when it was really cold here.

15. image-122152414.jpg

I would totally give him money lol

16. [quote name='"madskunk"']

I would totally give him money lol[/quote]

I saw a guy with a sign like that. On the back he wrote will fuck for a buck lol.

17. Who cares if he bought him some booze or smack? not me, thats what my money goes to anyway.

Nothing wrong with helping the homeless, $50 though that old man is gonna get murdered and robbed by the other homeless jk lol. You did a nice thing, i'd like to be charitable but i feel more like the homeless dude right now lol

18. Awesome, if anybody tells you you shouldn't have done it they can go fuck themselves. If I had the money I'd go around all the time givin homeless 100$ bills. I don't care if there a crackhead, it's what gets them through this totally fucked up world. On second thought, I'd love going around and giving people bud haha! That way they don't spend it on crack.

19. Ya! That'd be fucking awesome. Just walking around downtown passing out dubs, eighths and quarters to the homeless.