Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gathering Information

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by 4myback, Sep 12, 2010.

1. #1 4myback, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
    I have read through many threads but still have a few questions.

A few years ago I was in a car wreck. I didn't get hit once but three times by an older man before he realized he hit me. It actually took my bf climbing out of the window while he was hitting us to tell him to quit. Because of the accident my hip rotated downwards and my back is now curving to compensate. If I lay on my back my lower half goes completely numb and my bf has to help me roll to a side and help me get up. I can only sleep for a maximum of 3 hours before I am in so much pain I can't even move an inch. But the doctors keep saying that I do not need any surgery of any kind.

I am in severe pain all the time, and haven't worked for over a year because of the pain. I have had xrays, MRI's, been to chiropractor, physical therapy, and also had several joint manipulation treatments.

My N.P. knows I do not like pain medications and that I would rather go through the pain then take them. I have a fear of pills. A fear because I took a cold medicine and didn't know I was allergic to pseudoephedrine. My allergic reaction was me having a tachycardia.

I have the forums to fill out and the physician statement to be filled out by a doctor.

So here are my questions:
    I haven't been to a doctor for my back in awhile, frankly because nothing helps and its a waste of money if they can't do anything to help me. Especially since I am not going to the doctor for pain pills.

How recent do the medical records have to be?

I have a N.P. so she can't sign my physicians statement.

Who is the best place to go through for the medical doctor in Oregon for physician statement?

I already have a caregiver/grower, so any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Also for my x-rays and mri's do I need just the statement of the physician going over the chart or the actual images?

2. It is hard to find a doctor willing to sign the forms because the Oregon licensing Board gives them a hard time. The best bet is one on the clinics - they charge about $200 for the exam.

They want medical history with any imaging, diagnostics, and treatments. One record needs to be no older than 6 months old.

clinton