Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

gateway drug

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by fashionable420, Jul 12, 2003.

1. they might start off on weed because its not one of the hardcore drugs, but since its not "tough" enough for them then need to be satisfyied, its not the fact that their doing pot that makes them want to do other drugs, its that pot isnt giving them enough.....i say drugs are bad tho, DRUGS SCREW YOU UP, pot is good tho

2. ive seen pot become a gateway drug where i live...but its just because kids are stupid and just wanna get messed up all the time. they all wanna get bombed and they go for nuggets cuz they are easy to get...its all them damn little kids faults.

3. Well considering I've been smoking off & on for almost 4 years now, and have never done any other drugs and have no desire to...... nah. Too be quite frank, there is NO gateway drug, you make you own decisons to do any drug, saying there is such thing as a gateway drug is simply avoiding responsibiliy for one's actions.

4. using *any* drug is a form of escapism. most use alcohol, smart ones go for weed, and the truly stupid ones go for hard drugs.

weed is the smart choice, coz it's controllable. you can never overdose, you'll never get physically addicted, and unless you smoke during all your awake time, it is also comparatively cheap. and last, but not least, whilst high you can still function. you don't get to be a rambling idiot like when drunk or a zombie like junkies.

so weed is not a gateway drug at all. those who go for harder shit, want a further escape. one that numbs them so much that the drudgery (or tragedy) that is their life gets even more distant when high.

most people i know who do weed, do so not to escape as such, but to enhance their existence. and maybe get some needed relaxation in a stressfull professional life. this way of thinking actually negates weed as a gateway, coz' the need of the habitual stoner does not go in the direction of harder or more intense highs, rather in more (real life) experiences whilst high.

5. I have been smoking since i have been 12 and i havent touched anything else until recently and i am 21

6. leads to junk food, at worst.

7. Zylark, that was a very good comment.

8. Thanks for the compliment :D